Air-liquid cooler setups

Where are you guys getting your 20gpm pumps at are they enough to run 2 intercoolers or should i run 2 pumps

Where are you guys getting your 20gpm pumps at are they enough to run 2 intercoolers or should i run 2 pumps

I'd run two pumps for two independent systems that way you are constantly pumping colder water. $.02

so it's probably not worth the cost and effort to run the return water through a radiator before circulating it back into the ice water reservoir if this is for a race vehicle???

You have to do some airflow calculations to ensure that the core will flow enough for your power goals. Most higher HP trucks need an entrance of at least 100 to 120sq inches, depending on the core used.

120 sq. inches???? that's more than 12" diam. based on Area of circle =(pi*diam^2)/4 That's F'n huge. I'm thinking of the air inlet diam. on the cooler. Are you talking about something else??? :what:

im not a puller, but i got my cooler from 2tone12v, its pretty good size.

the tank i use is a tank i had made so i run my water injection out of the same tank, it holds about 15g and i run a 7gpm pump with no problems yet. water ice mixture will last about 30-40minutes on the street with out getting on it hard and tho i havnt been to the dragstip yet, i can go about two races in mexico before all the ice is melted.

51652bad.jpg

d3a8c186.jpg

i been looking at puting air to water in my cr pulling truck the truck dont c any street time anymore but i was jw how much extra power can be made from one of these and i undersatand it helps cool the intake charge but will it help any to drop egts sence where not allowed to run water in 2.6 jw cause i got qoted 2 grand for everything installed and just wanta make sure it be worth it

My buddy ran it on his 2.6 class VP truck and he swore it ran better. Some people swear by it some people dont. Since it isn't really a street truck and if your out of ideas and have extra money to throw at it then why not it defiantly couldnt hurt.

Back