Airbrush... or wrap??

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Looking for opinions... Gonna have to do either one soon and trying to decide which way to go... Would love to find someone around the ky area to give me a hand with it. Any ideas yall??

Thanks

Im almost thinking Wrap if you are wanting to go a bit wild in the design. But Paint if your going for something more subtle.......You dont exactly have a lot of room, so i dont think it would be too expensive either way.

But i think with a wrap it might be easier to get the graphics to flow from the body to the side of the flat bed.

Wrap isnt exactly cheap, but compared to a custom paint job it is much easier to swallow. On any competition truck I would say wrap it, much easier to have them replace one panel of it compared to painting.

Im almost thinking Wrap if you are wanting to go a bit wild in the design. But Paint if your going for something more subtle.......You dont exactly have a lot of room, so i dont think it would be too expensive either way.

But i think with a wrap it might be easier to get the graphics to flow from the body to the side of the flat bed.

Well... sadly the flat bed is coming off... Im gonna build another bed that matches the theme of the truck a little better.... (Fire/Rescue) So ill have a little more room.

Also what kind of prep work is required for a wrap??

Last edited:
Well... sadly the flat bed is coming off... Im gonna build another bed that matches the theme of the truck a little better.... (Fire/Rescue) So ill have a little more room.

Also what kind of prep work is required for a wrap??

Not much. Just clean the truck really well and then go back over it with some denatured alcohol right before u apply the vinyl. If u use nice 3m material it's really easy. Just use a little heat and a soft Squeegee. 3m also makes primers for the edges so it doesn't try and peel up and also they make a sealer. On a pulling truck that will be in the dirt alot i would use both. Wish you were closer to NC. I would love to do the whole thing for you.we print and apply them. A full truck wrap can cost you anywhere from $2500-$3000 depending on the size of your trick and how creative you wanna get with the design. That's if you have someone else apply it. To just print it out and hand it to you would be alot cheaper.

Last edited:
I always thought it would be cool to do a wrap on a pulling truck. Like someone already said if a panel get damaged or scratched (which is more likely on a puller) you can have it fixed easier. Another thing is you can get a wild design for a lot less money. I got a quote of 4-5 thousand. You could never get a nice paint job with graphics and airbrushing for that.

Back