Airdog failure "Raptor 150"

dangerous06

diesel tech
Has anyone had issues? Mine just died 0psi 100 miles from home! Only a few years old maybe 30k on it set at 15psi. I would think it should last longer than that! What gets me is they have a one year warranty! Now that really sucks! I'm lucky the CP3 will suck so i installed a bypass line ran it home no problems but anybody running a VP pump would have lost the pump! I don't want to replace junk with junk any suggestions on a reliable pump?

go with a fass 150 or 220. airdogs are garbage. i was runnin a raptor 150gph and upgraded to a fass 220 gph. night and day differance. worth the extra money

Ive got a year and a half on my airdog150, no issues at all. Don't be so quick to judge. Fass and airdog are equally good pumps.

Posted to not CumminsForum via not autoguide for iphone.

reliability. ill spend the extra money to get the better warranty and better quality anyday. and if ur raptor lost pressure turn it up.... they are adjustable but just not a good product imo. never had luck with airdog. so i wont recommend it. always had great luck with fass and they cover just about anything under warranty

I have a raptor 150 and put about 25k on it with the regulator turned all the way up from day one. I have a few buddies that run it also and have had no problems with it. You sure it's not a fuse or a loose wire. Does the pump still make noise when the key is turned forward? My buddy thought his fass took a dump and even had his truck towed home. I hooked up a 12 volt battery directly to the pump and it ran fine. Now I just had to find the culprit. It was just a loose wire.

I had bad luck with FASS... i killed a pump and they were very difficult to work with in getting another. I have been running an airdog 150 for over 200k mi... no signs of failure... imo they are both the same quality having held both in my hands side by side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone had issues? Mine just died 0psi 100 miles from home! Only a few years old maybe 30k on it set at 15psi. I would think it should last longer than that! What gets me is they have a one year warranty! Now that really sucks! I'm lucky the CP3 will suck so i installed a bypass line ran it home no problems but anybody running a VP pump would have lost the pump! I don't want to replace junk with junk any suggestions on a reliable pump?

Have you called Air Dog?

Last edited by a moderator:
One year warranty didn't even think of calling they would probably just laugh and ask for a credit card number! Pump is on but no pressure disconnected oulet it's pissing and I can stop it with my finger! Even with it turned all the way up on the adjuster! I really liked the ease of install and clean mount but I need reliability! I've got three tows this week and have to be running! I bypassed the pump and hooked direct to the cp3 so lucky that they can draw on their own! just ran 50 miles no issues but scary to see zero on my lift gauge!

exclamationkeyboardrect2-460x307.jpg

With FASS or Airdog it's best to install a second one for backup. That way you can always get back home. There is a new one out that would be interesting to try(fuel lab).

Have you pulled it apart? The Raptor pumps are extremely easy to disassemble and look at. It's a simple gerotor design, with a couple springs and a pintle for pressure adjustment. Maybe it's as simple as one of the springs breaking? There's not much to go wrong, if the motor is still fine electrically.

--Eric

With FASS or Airdog it's best to install a second one for backup. That way you can always get back home. There is a new one out that would be interesting to try(fuel lab).

I leave my facory pumps in place fo that reason, if the big pump goes down you still have the pump in the tank, a banjo bolt and relay and you are back in business.

I had a raptor , it was extremly loud ,sold it and got a fuelab been close to 3 years and all is good!

I've been running a Raptor for a couple of years with no problems. The truck doesn't see a lot of street use, but the pump is set for 65psi most of the time. I do have a spare Carter for just in case though.

I've ran Airdog for a long time on several trucks with no issues. It sucks that you have an issue but it does happen. No matter what company you decide to go with next, someone has had issues with it.

Back