Airdog failure "Raptor 150"

They also seem to be EXTREMELY proud of the fuel lab pumps. Think I'll stick with AirDog. Over $1k for a 200gph pump seems a little extreme to me

If the fuse is blown pull the cover off and pull the gear out to see if the motor is still good. With a new fuse in it and no gear the motor should run easily with the key on.

Mine developed a bur on the gear and cover causing the motor to drag and pop the fuse. Cleaned them both up and it worked fine.

I've had great results from the raptor and the air dogs. I'd give them a call, they are a customer supportive company.

They also seem to be EXTREMELY proud of the fuel lab pumps. Think I'll stick with AirDog. Over $1k for a 200gph pump seems a little extreme to me

1k :eek: I just bought a pump and made my own filter setup.
Im runnin -10 from sump to pump than to filters than -8 to pumps , works really well. The pump is also 2 speed , i run it on low and can switch it to high when needed

Buy a second airdog because the first one wasn't warranted and your over 1000......

There is a lifetime warranty if you sent in the card. I have replaced 3 customer pumps and my personal pump under warranty with no questions. 2 of them were the original style that become noisy.

Yeah they lost my info or I forgot to send it in! Since no info and it's a 2010 serial I got the sorry bud just fork over 225. and we'll send you a new motor! i said no thanks Looking at the Fuelab right now! i like the flow thru design in case it fails the CP3 can still pull fuel thru!

I just had mine burn up a couple weeks ago. Airdog had me a new raptor to my door in about 32 hours. Ill stick with them forever just because of that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

1k :eek: I just bought a pump and made my own filter setup.
Im runnin -10 from sump to pump than to filters than -8 to pumps , works really well. The pump is also 2 speed , i run it on low and can switch it to high when needed

What kind of filters are you running for the high volume? Or is it regulated before the filters?

Just recently upgraded from a Raptor 150 to an ADII 165. Haven't had an issue. Pump is always working. In fact, my 150 is still in working shape for a spare, just in case.

I'd check for trash that may have ruined the gerotor assembly. Easy fix if so. A couple of new seals, a ball, and a rotor and voila.

The $60 CDM walbro knockoff 255 that we have been testing for the last year seems to be working well... So far it has run from -53C (-63F) to +33C (91F), and has about 50,000km (~31,000miles) in an oilfield application. So it sees lots of idling time, as well as highway, stop and go city, gravel road, and off road. Snow, salt, water, ect...

It is only on about a 450whp truck, but I would suspect it would fuel up to about 600hp, after that just add a second one in parallel...

Obviously it is externally regulated, by another off brand regulator that we found at the local speed shop for cheap.

I'm not saying this is the solution for everyone, but for our work truck, it is cheaper to keep a spare new one in a box, with a couple extra hose clamps, then it is to even try one of these other systems.

Last edited:
The $60 CDM walbro knockoff 255 that we have been testing for the last year seems to be working well... So far it has run from -53C (-63F) to +33C (91F), and has about 50,000km (~31,000miles) in an oilfield application. So it sees lots of idling time, as well as highway, stop and go city, gravel road, and off road. Snow, salt, water, ect...

It is only on about a 450whp truck, but I would suspect it would fuel up to about 600hp, after that just add a second one in parallel...

Obviously it is externally regulated, by another off brand regulator that we found at the local speed shop for cheap.

I'm not saying this is the solution for everyone, but for our work truck, it is cheaper to keep a spare new one in a box, with a couple extra hose clamps, then it is to even try one of these other systems.

Where could one find this knockoff?

Ebay is where I bought ours, search for walbro 255. Make sure to get the inline and not the in tank.

If you have any tech/install questions about the Fuelab setup, feel free to contact me via email or PM. We do not sell customer direct, so you'd have to go through one of the forum vendors for that. However, as I said- I am here for tech/install questions and help. Additionally, the $1k price is most likely for the larger of the two diesel pumps we offer. Additionally, it's more than just a pump.

Back