AirDog Seal Replacement

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
So I dropped the ball and waited to long to get my replacement motor from Anthony since he no longer works there :bang and dont have the extra 200 some odd dollars to shell out at the moment...

So to my question who has rebuilt there motor and where did they source the parts and where is this shaft seal located? Do I have to remover the armiture to replace it? I have it all apart and it was full of diesel. Ijust need alil direction on to what to do and how to get the seal off and back on and how to get the brushes to seat correctly. ANY insight on this is welcome and appreciated!

:thankyou2:

Thanks, I searched and couldnt find crap on this... It has to be able to be done just seeing if someones done it successfully?

I just mic'd the shaft and the od of the seal, then went to a local Napa and thumbed through their seal catalogue until i found the correct one. Unfortunately I didnt save the p/n.

is the seal on the gear rotor side? Did you take the armature out of the bearing to replace it?

It has been a while since ive done one, but i believe it is on the motor side. Don't be afraid to tear it apart though, you will be amazed at how simple they are.

Yea I got it tore apart last nice it looks ok inside but was soaked in fuel but i didnt see where there was a seal and I didnt want to hammer the armature out of the bearing if I didnt have to

When i did mine i replaced the bearing and the seal, both you can get from napa on special order.

Back