Airdog vs Airdog II

The Hill Billy

I keep getting the run around on this one, so I figured Id ask you guys... What is the major difference between the Airdog and Airdog II? Is it just the adjustable reg and the 15 extra gph or is there more to it? My lift pump is dying and Im wanting to put one in before my vp goes the way of the do do as well. It will be goin on an 01 3/4 ton 24v if there are any tips or tricks to the install yall might have... Thanks

-Billy-

All that and the kit that modify's your stock sending unit, I don't believe that was available on the original airdog's. I love my ADII

Is there a benefit of one over the other that's going to make a huge difference? No. Pick which one you can afford or your heart desires.

The pumps are nearly the same. AirDog II gives you an extra option to fine tune your pressure. So many injection pumps out there with different settings. This helps them out. The module upgrade kit is an added bonus. The AirDog you will get a suction tube kit. 1 is no better than the other.

Do you need an adjustable regulator cause you want to fine tune to ensure everything is perfec to your likings?
Do you not want to install the suction tube because you have read all the terrible stories about them from the internet forums? lol

NO to both of them. You want the regular AirDog
Yes to either of them you want an AirDog II.

i bought the air dogg II because it came with the parts i need to replace the in tank pump that dodge gave me when my oe lift pump went out. it did not cost that much more. plus if i want to do any thing else to my truck, fuel supply should never be a problem.

Do you not want to install the suction tube because you have read all the terrible stories about them from the internet forums?

Yes? You want an AirDog II.

So what does the ADII come with instead of a suction tube?

I wound up goin with the AD II 165, however the return line fitting broke during the install. Apparently the idea that the fittings should screw all the way into the pump is rubbish. Sadly it took 3 weeks to ever hear back from pure flow and another 5 days to receive the new fitting. Ive been without my truck now for over a month and due to other issues that have arisen its still gonna take even more time to get my truck on the road again. At this point I would recommend goin with a fass in hopes that their customer service is a wee bit better. Leaving 3 messages with the technicians voice mail and never hearing back from them except through Diesel Manor 3 weeks later kinda left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing...

hmmmmm. i broke that same return line fitting....didnt think i was being hard on it either, they definatly dont screw all the way into the pump (no npt threads should screw in all the way anyway, unless they are cut wrong). the lady said that those fittings will break over 20lb of pressure, i made a comment that somebody should put that statement into the instructions.

air dog sent me a new fitting asap!

i used a 1/8 pipe nipple to screw into the pump, then a piece of hose from the nipple to the hard return line with hose clamps to get home, as well as for the next week....

other than I broke that fitting, the rest of the kit was well done, very easy install

those quick fitting are a rather tight fit on the face of the pump block

Back