allison or 68RFE? right now I have a 47re but not sure...

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
My trans finally went. the billet input shaft broke and needs rebuild. So I am thinking on upgrading to a 6 speed auto.

I did some searching and it seems like the allison might be the best choice here...

I know there alot to do to get this done over rebuilding the 47re. I just dont like the pv cable and maybe it braking the shaft again.

I do run this as a dd and down at the track... So basically I am looking to make sure I run the right trans this time. I do not want trans problems....

Not even sure which one is better for racing and holding up....

What does everyone think...?

thanks Joe

i think the allisons are a decent trans but i know when you start putting big power thru them they start going into limp mode and having some problems like that, as for the 68rfe i dont know much about it, its going to be pricey either way cause both will need some sort of stand alone controller

With the mods in your sig just rebuild the 47re. Don't screw with a 6 speed auto

Maybe I should check out the 48 also...seems like it might be better then what I have.

Maybe upgrade my 47 with 48 parts.....

sucks this cant be simple...

If anything go to a 48 4x4 has upgraded internals. Id say just stick with your 47 and get it built. Send it up to monster pump mike! He builds fantastic transmissions! 4192371521 just give him a call and pick his brain see what he has to say you won't be disappointed.

You're making this way too difficult, if guys can run 1000+hp from a 5.9L through the 47re I think it will be fine in your truck.

You're making this way too difficult, if guys can run 1000+hp from a 5.9L through the 47re I think it will be fine in your truck.

yes it can but the input shaft can still break. I wish there was a way around this....something stronger then a billet shaft......

There is plenty of options out there man. Multiple companies out there have input shafts I guarantee you can't break mike being one of those companies and guys.

Back