Allison vs duraflite

It doesnt seem fast, but the truck's race weight is 7200lbs (full interior, cage, etc), if the math is right it should be putting out around 1000hp. I forgot that it wasnt a max effort tune on the fuel only pass either.

It's actually right around 880rwhp and why wouldn't anyone run their max effort tune at the drag strip? Was this truck built with an 11.0 index in mind?

I know a couple of trucks that have run 11's with ZF6's...I'd go that route LOL

Seriously though, a well-built 47/48 shouldn't shift that hard and still be plenty drivable.

hadn't logged in here for a while and figured I would poke around a bit. All I can say is thank the sweet lord baby Jesus for DD

Here's a video of the duraflite in competition at 1500hp for reference. PCS controlled with Suncoast auto VB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxA5cNXZes&feature=youtu.be

I've had the same converter and tranny in all season. The tranny gets torn down at the end of every season for inspection but normally it's fine. Converter will usually get changed a couple times a season depending on the number of passes.

I saw on Facebook that Matt Misner switched from an Allison to a Duraflite picked up quite a bit. Turned the truck down and went 6.7 at 105mph in the 1/8th on a test pass to a 6.8 at 108mph with the Allison. So picked up a tenth with less power. Probably worth a good .3-.4 tenths in the quarter when all is said and done on a 9-10 second truck. I think the big 1-2 shift drop is what really kills the Allisons....I knew some guys were messing with 2nd and 3rd gear starts for a while, but don't know what came of it.

I always started in 2nd gear with my allison. I ran a 9.8 with the allison and all I did was switch to the 4R100 and went 9.4. If your going to run a Allison make sure Even @ Limitless Diesel Builds it!

Here's a video of the duraflite in competition at 1500hp for reference. PCS controlled with Suncoast auto VB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxA5cNXZes&feature=youtu.be

I've had the same converter and tranny in all season. The tranny gets torn down at the end of every season for inspection but normally it's fine. Converter will usually get changed a couple times a season depending on the number of passes.

:rockwoot: I run a PCS with Suncoast standalone vb also in my 48re.

Seems like a lot of guys at your level prefer to run a manual vb. You seem to have the PCS TCM tuned perfect for your setup :clap: so no need for a manual

Back