alternate fuels.......

You'll need lines, grommets, O-rings...everything in the system that's rubber must be replace with something that Bio won't eat. Bio will dissolve the older fuel system parts.

Having a good filtration system wouldn't hurt either.

Yup, Burner is right, rubber and bio don't go well together, you'll need Nylon, Teflon or Viton. The 12v's do well on bio and veg but not sure about the VP trucks, they have problems on diesel.
Years ago I drove truck for an outfit that put a gallon of WMO in each tank at fill up to get rid of the stuff, the were 335's, 350 and 400 Cummins and it was diluted pretty well but not any problems

i ran a 50% wmo in my cr for about 5 months till i lost the lift pump inj. and pump got it fixed by dodge they gave me the lift pump upgrade never ran it again a buddy of mine has ran it in a 97 and 01 vw with no problems ive got a 12v now im running a 50% mix let you know how it does when i ran it in the cr i was getting 26 mpg

Kudzu......if we could. That stuff grows too damm fast! If we could only make fuel out of it.

There were two guys on the news this morning from E. Tenn. that have made ethenol out of kudzu. They said it was basically moonshining 101.

Put in a pulper, I probably have more than 4 or 5 hundred gallons here......in the trees. :bang

Hate the stuff all you want and try to kill it... it won't happen. Make a fuel out of it and you probably couldn't keep it alive. :doh:

Did I mention that I hated that stuff?

I was wondering if anyone has a lot of knowledge or exp running 100 % biodiesel. I have an 01 cummins and have read in a lot of threads and sites that a lot of things have to be changed ex: hoses, lines, and special filtration systems. I talked to John Robinson who has been working on diesel for a long time and he told me that on the old 12 valve and the 24s I should be able to just dump it in and go. That the cr's were more picky and may have injector problems. Has anyone else been running this and at what % without changing it, and any problems from it ? any suggestions on other alternates ? I get tired of crying like a little b$%ch every time I fill up

You should be fine on your truck with 100%, the older vehicles(92 and older) have natural rubber hoses and gaskets which biodiesel will degrade unlike the synthetic rubber that everyone is using now. As for the commonrail engine, with the injection pressure being much higher than the first or second gen cummins the bio needs to be washed and cleaned very well and then filtered through a 1 micron filter. So you can 100% bio until it gets cold the you may need to go to a B20 mix. Just my$.02

I have a Cat 3126 and was wondering if anyone knows about svo and it's effects on engines. I have a supply for $.70 per gallon and would love to use it, but not sure to run 100% or 80-20, or whatever?

So Im confused, 12v CAN run on 100% bio without a problem or changes, or not? And what about b20?

As long as the fuel is of "good quality" your CR will not have any issues.

Any Diesel should be able to run off bio. The only problem lay in the rubber lines, grommets or seals. I would not use "They said it would be ok" as your answer. Look at your system, do a simple breakdown and look for 'rubber' parts. Lines are easy to replace but seals are not. What's in your pump? What's in your tank? Answer those questions and you'll be informed. Basically, you won't go into full pannic mode if you have a problem while running SVO/bio. Sometimes knowing what not to look for is more important than what to look for. ;)

100% Wvo

I was wondering if anyone has a lot of knowledge or exp running 100 % biodiesel. I have an 01 cummins and have read in a lot of threads and sites that a lot of things have to be changed ex: hoses, lines, and special filtration systems. I talked to John Robinson who has been working on diesel for a long time and he told me that on the old 12 valve and the 24s I should be able to just dump it in and go. That the cr's were more picky and may have injector problems. Has anyone else been running this and at what % without changing it, and any problems from it ? any suggestions on other alternates ? I get tired of crying like a little b$%ch every time I fill up

GreySmoke I have a 96 CTD with 329300 miles and 43000 miles with nearly 100% of the time 100% WVO with on WVO related problems. Yes the WVO will eat up the older hoses but most parts houses sell new hoses compatable with WVO.If you are going to make your own fuel,filter first for 12/24 hrs@ 160*+.then do to it what is needed. A filter only gets 50% of the contamenits on the first pass then 50% every pass after that so filter filter filter.

Reviving an old thread to say that I now have 27k miiles on 100% waste veggie oil in my 2005 6.0

--Snake

i have 2 neighbors running waste oil in 12v and 6.9 idi ford 80% mix

has anyone tried it on a cr or 6.0l ford?

I hear IDI Ford guys running upwards of 90% WMO in warmer climates...

I run 50/50 in my 01 Cummins... the secret is filtration...

i know a bunch of people who have oil wells and run like 50% crude and 50% fuel and it runs good

i have ran motor oil,veggie oil,corn oil,hydraulic oil,atf. if its a oily substance my truck has probably burnt it.

i been doin filtered wmo and filtered used atf. ran it in my 2002 7.3 for 20k and do it in my 97 12v for the last 25k. I put about 5 gallons per 30. it turns the fuel black as night(even the red dyed no no fuel) but it burns it just like reular ole #2. And it gets rid of the used oil and atf. We change our oil on the boat every 500 hours and each one takes 35 gallons, we got 2. so we have a lot every few months. Also i used to get the atf from the dodge house but havent dont it in a while since my buddy doesnt work there any more. I will say i change my fuel filter every 5k with the oil and its always black. I pulled my stock 215 injectors to put in the sdx sticks earlier this year and my stock injectors lookedd like new. no carbon buildup on the tips and everythin was clean.

Back