Amsoil

I don't want to start a war but just checking to see if anyone has had this problem.
I have ran AMSOIL HDD series 3000 motor oil in my truck. The first time was 20,000 miles ago at 5,000 miles I submitted an oil analysis and it showed high soot levels and high oxidation. I changed the filter and then changed the oil at 10,000 miles with oil analysis done the soot levels were very high and wear metals were high along with oxidation.
I put fresh amsoil series 3000 back in and same story (oil filter change at 5,000), I was just recently at the 10,000 mile mark so I took oil sample and submitted it (i changed the oil at the time) the results came back disturbing copper, iron soot levels are high, oxidation very high.
Note. I ran the amsoil filters.
I only have 42,000 miles on this truck. 2004.5
Has anyone seen this with AMSOIL.
Is this normal for AMSOIL if so what are the benefits of running this expensive stuff.
I am not bagging on a product (I am an AMSOIL dealer right now) I just have a investment (my trucks) and if this stuff does not live up to their advertising and promises then I can not ethically sell this to people and feel good about it. Any help is appriciated.

Someone on here has the HFRR testing on all the oils and Amsoil is not the best by far. I personally wont run it. I have heard too many bad things about it. There was a dealer that would always come to dyess afb and try to sell it to us at the auto hobby shop claiming that it has done wonders for his like 85 toyota tercel. I would always tell him my f'ing truck isnt a toyota tercel and I will continue to run rotella or mobil delvac.

ii told a friend tbat he was lossing he turdo do to low visgosaty. he lost 3 ps62 now he uses delo 400 and changes ever 3000

maybe i will switch from the amioil too
i have to much to lose:bang

ii told a friend tbat he was lossing he turdo do to low visgosaty. he lost 3 ps62 now he uses delo 400 and changes ever 3000

maybe i will switch from the amioil too
i have to much to lose:bang

Are you drunk or do you always write like that??? LOL
What in fact is a turdo, and also what is visgosaty. HAPPY HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

no i have a ****y time spilling you dont have to be an A##hole about

Dude, I'm guessing that from the liberal use of smileys he was messing with you. This is CompD afterall:hehe:

I've never heard anything real great about Amsoil from anyone that isn't a vendor, or one of the "It's more expensive, but it's worth it because their info says so" people.

Diesel you probably going to be blasted for that post. Don't you know its a sin say a bad word about that oil.:badidea:

That info doesn't sound good!
If that were my truck, I'd probably try a dino oil for a while and see how the numbers come out. This will tell you if it's an oil problem or if something is going on in your engine.

I was running Rotella in my 98 24v. I had a Frantz and I setup my oil changes like this...

Every 2500 miles change Frantz, add 1 quart oil
Every 5000 miles change main filter, add 1 quart oil
Every 10,000 miles, change oil and do oil sample thru Blackstone.

I had one sample that came back with 2% fuel, other than that, they would say to try extending out to 15,000 and re-test.

I am switching over to Schaeffer full synthetic oil now because they are priced well (about $17/gal) and the oil samples are free.
The only "caveat" is that you have to order through a dealer and they are a bit harder to find. I'm moving back to Alaska this winter and I'm not sure if I'm going to haul up a few cases or what.

If your oil sample shows high soot, it means the oil is doing its job and suspending the soot.

Are you over fueled?

I used to run the 5-30, but fooling with samples, got old, and being the truck was severely over fueled, and I didn't want to install a by-pass filter system, I went to the 15-40, and changed every 10,000. A few random sample showed good oil, so I put it in an off road vehicle.

No oil can handle contamination for long.

Got the Bypass filter. I am over fueled, and the soot level does not bother me but the wear metals really bother me. I know that synthetics will suspend the soot in the oil.

I have put dino in and i am going to run it for a couple thousand then change again then wait 5000 miles and sample again. Make sure its not my truck showing early signs of termination. :)

Thanks for all the info as always great info on here.

Diesel you probably going to be blasted for that post. Don't you know its a sin say a bad word about that oil.:badidea:
well thats what I figured but its been over a week and I have not seen it. I actually thought the thread was dead. Oh well just putting it out there. :stab::pop:

You wont be blasted by me if you have a problem with Amsoil, however, don't get mad if I try to educate!!!

I never quite understood, why the synthetic non users would rush into a synthetic thread and call the people idiots who are using it.

I extended my drains with dino, wayyyyy before I ever heard of Amsoil. I don't buy into the 3000 mile change propaganda from big oil.

Back