Anarchy Tuned cummins goes 943/14XX

phale

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Tonight at Thoroghbred Diesel's judgement day dyno event Jason Epling's 07 mega cab went 860/1280 on fuel and 943/14XX on spray. This was running our race file with no time to dial it in, the tune was loaded in the truck while setting in line to dyno. I will post the dyno sheets in the morning when I get home to the scanner.

Yep, 595 over a 472. Last year at the same event with the same setup running a smarty he put down 730 on fuel. We were very happy to make a 130hp jump on fuel and nearly got 1000 on the bottle.

Yep LOL

fedf6a6d.jpg

Last edited:
I should also mention that Corey Flecsher's 06 put down 604 with file very similar to the one on Jason's truck with a set of 90 horse injectors and a small set of twins all while being smoke free. Thoroghbred's dyno was also being a heartbreaker yesterday with a lot of people feeling they got a low number so I am extremely happy with both trucks' performances. Also before the event the guys from H&S were wanting to run their XRT Pro on Corey's truck for a back to back comparison, but after he ran they said they had already packed their stuff up.:shake:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oduw781-RE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oduw781-RE[/ame]

I wish jason would break 1k and get it over with already. LOL

That is impressive to say the least.

I would say he is over 1k. That dyno reads low. I ran a 12.30 at 7600lbs and mine only did 550 yesterday.

I can honestly say that I was holding on for dear life when we went down the road the truck felt like it was going to lift into orbit while spooling the chargers. I think we will see 1000+ very soon

Yeah man definitely reading low. I'm only familiar with non loadbearing inertia dynos. Does the operator have to apply the load on every run on such a Mustang dyno, or is it automatically applied?

Tonight at Thoroghbred Diesel's judgement day dyno event Jason Epling's 07 mega cab went 860/1280 on fuel and 943/14XX on spray. This was running our race file with no time to dial it in, the tune was loaded in the truck while setting in line to dyno. I will post the dyno sheets in the morning when I get home to the scanner.

Why are the torque numbers so low?? Operator error loading the dyno??

Why are the torque numbers so low?? Operator error loading the dyno??

The guy running the dyno said that torque had been running on the low side all day, but Bean did put down 1800 so I am not sure. One thing I will tell you is that I am trying to move power up in the RPM range to try and keep these big power trucks alive like we have been doing with the dmax for years. Since we now have all the RPM in the world we might as well use it. The truck definately has plenty of low end torque though as evidenced by the four gear burn out it did after leaving the shop.

That dyno is crazy. My first run was 536.4/955.7 and the second run was 549.8/1138.3

All the trucks made two pulls, but as far as running and unstrapping and running again later, no. Corey's truck made a 600 pull followed by a 604, with torque being in the high 900's both times. these trucks are not making peak power at 2700-2800 like what we are used to seing and their curves do not level off until after 3700-3800rpms.

All the trucks made two pulls, but as far as running and unstrapping and running again later, no. Corey's truck made a 600 pull followed by a 604, with torque being in the high 900's both times. these trucks are not making peak power at 2700-2800 like what we are used to seing and their curves do not level off until after 3700-3800rpms.
Ya beat me to it.

Remember how HP and torque are related, guys.
HP = Torque*RPM/5252
The closer to 5252rpm you peak, the more your HP closes in on the torque.

Back