and yet another injector question.....

Billyram said:
Well I don't think it would quite hit 11s. Not in this weather down here anyway and I don't really want to break anything. These injectors are powerful and may be making more than 90 hp in my truck. I have things set where it runs great on the street and still quick enough and with out the tst. It's removed. Glad to get that stuff out of the way.

well thats good to know billy, that those sticks took the place of the TST. i hope now that you do get to dominate your class with being more consistent and from better reliabiliy. let us know hoe it goes on your next dyno run too.

DIESEL POWER said:
are you not the one who allways said to stay away from pressure?
well then i guess it's kind of hard to crack bodies without higher psi, dont you think.

and to answer your question, yes i have ran psi over 35K and this was testing W/2 other companies.

lloyd you need to understand that a cracked bodie is not from lack of tuning knowledge, but rather being in pursuit of the most power, and that requires more psi, and more psi puts more strain on all fuel system components.
the danger is really the sudden stop of all that psi when you shut the throttle off. but hey thats part of raceing.

no hard feelings, but do your self a favor and dont try to compare our abilities by how many bodies we have cracked, it does you no good, and i know you know better.

Wade what does pressure do for power exactly?I make alot of power and have never exceeded the pressure that a edge ez gives.Are you saying that more pressure makes more power,the hp gains from more pressure are minimal,especially compared to the expense of replacing injectors and relief valves.

RCCX said:
Wade what does pressure do for power exactly?I make alot of power and have never exceeded the pressure that a edge ez gives.Are you saying that more pressure makes more power,the hp gains from more pressure are minimal,especially compared to the expense of replacing injectors and relief valves.

:pop:

DIESEL POWER said:
JustinR said:
With all the problems you hear about II injectors and CP3's, I think it's best to just stay clear.

F1 seems to have the most satisfied customers and the strongest tips available. That's the only injector I would think about putting in my truck.[/QUOTE

do you have any proof to support you statement?

i personally have yet to see anything bad come from II, but i've only done 30k worth of bussiness with them,and have several satisfied customers across the nation what would i know.........

let me guess your from DTR........LOL

I honestly can't believe you have any customers after the crap you post. Those poor few must not be on the internet reading it all.

It's simply a fact that II has LOTS of unhappy customers using their injectors and modded CP3's. There are many stories of injectors with goofy spray patterns causing higher than normal EGT's and modded CP3's that pump less fuel than a stocker. These are actual customers posting about it too...not some top secret customer with leaking injectors that refuses to say anything about it so they have someone else post it in a public forum for them. That's sounds like nothing more than a pathetic attempt to discredit someone.

Don's post pretty much says it all. IMO someone would be crazy to give their injector business to anyone else.

RCCX said:

well rc, pressure will make the fuel atomize much better, making the fuel into finer droplets and then the air can burn more fuel better. when done right it will make more power and lower egt's, but there is a point where too much is .....too much.

your ez is fine for what your doing on the dyno, but i would seek a lower amount of pressure on the track, only because i have been thru 3 RV's this year alone, duel pumps will kill a RV in no time. and most of the time you wont even know it.!

I would say the ez is pretty good at track power also,122 mph,thats power isnt it.I know all about relief valves,I dont blow them because I dont subscribe to the"I need a crap load of rail pressure debate".I dont intend to argue another point with you,but Wade you dont know everything the way you think you do,common rails were designed to operate with in a certain pressure range,bosch spent millions to figure this out,yes more pressure will make for more power,but at what expense,..........how relief valves have you blown?

JustinR said:
JustinR said:
I honestly can't believe you have any customers after the crap you post. Those poor few must not be on the internet reading it all.

It's simply a fact that II has LOTS of unhappy customers using their injectors and modded CP3's. There are many stories of injectors with goofy spray patterns causing higher than normal EGT's and modded CP3's that pump less fuel than a stocker. These are actual customers posting about it too...not some top secret customer with leaking injectors that refuses to say anything about it so they have someone else post it in a public forum for them. That's sounds like nothing more than a pathetic attempt to discredit someone.

Don's post pretty much says it all. IMO someone would be crazy to give their injector business to anyone else.

i have been running the II 3 flows for more than two years with no problems at all. they have been used with and without a pressure box and now with my II modded FCA. still not one problem to speak of. also the reason you see more unhappy customers of II's is because they have probably ten times the amount of customers than anyone else. and produce that much more product. whos to say that it is II fault that they are unhappy. if the product they bought doesnt work right i know II will get that corrected instantly as long as the customer goes about it the right way.

as for customers of ours, i have yet to come across one that was unhappy with anything that we have done. sure wade may have some fun on the internet but who cares thats all it is is the internet. im sure tons of our customers read this but after meeting or even talking with one of us you would understand what we would do for our customers.

JustinR said:
DIESEL POWER said:

hopefully one day you will see the light, and realize that there are two sides to every story. thats means dont just jump on the band wagon with out research first. II powers many record holding and setting trucks, obviously there stuff works very well. reguardless of what other competetors think II has been around longer than most, and still is innovating diesel products on a weekly basis.

you may not understand this but my customers do know that 90% of the junk you read on the forums is bogus, and while i way come across as one who does not know what im talking about, the fact is that i do, and when i do post it's the truth and a lot of people cant handle the truth or have there own oppinion that doesent match up with what they were taught or thought they knew. yes i may come across the net as a bit rational, but those who are in the know really know that it's all fun and games. most of us are all friends in real life! do a little more reaserch and you will be surprised as to what you may learn. :thankyou2:

RCCX said:
I would say the ez is pretty good at track power also,122 mph,thats power isnt it.I know all about relief valves,I dont blow them because I dont subscribe to the"I need a crap load of rail pressure debate".I dont intend to argue another point with you,but Wade you dont know everything the way you think you do,common rails were designed to operate with in a certain pressure range,bosch spent millions to figure this out,yes more pressure will make for more power,but at what expense,..........how relief valves have you blown?
THANK YOU!!!!! I've been saying the stock parameters are adequate. maybe a little more. nobody seems to believe that though. If bosch says 28000psi constitutes failure. Even if it doesn't there is a reason they said it. I think wade knows what he is doing. He might of got caught up in the more pressure is better game.

Wade, you say you have had issues fro running pressure and I haven't had issues cause I stay away from pressure. Well, whos fault is it that you need to run pressure to try to compete with me? Remember the last dyno event? I made those numbers with 15K PSI of rail pressure. God help you when I get my next pump, your gonna need it LOL LOL

im on honed tips, so far 639HP and i hope to break 700 with them very soon. Havent had any problems and I make several runs at the track each week.

RCCX said:
if you re- read what i posted, you will realize that thats exactly what i said.

lmills said:
Wade, you say you have had issues fro running pressure and I haven't had issues cause I stay away from pressure. Well, whos fault is it that you need to run pressure to try to compete with me? Remember the last dyno event? I made those numbers with 15K PSI of rail pressure. God help you when I get my next pump, your gonna need it LOL LOL

im guessin that this weekend will end your debate in who in MD has the most HPLOL ...................i sure hope you and your boys are up for a good time!:rockwoot:

sootman said:
THANK YOU!!!!! I've been saying the stock parameters are adequate. maybe a little more. nobody seems to believe that though. If bosch says 28000psi constitutes failure. Even if it doesn't there is a reason they said it. I think wade knows what he is doing. He might of got caught up in the more pressure is better game.

Agreed, I like for the pressure to come on sooner, BUT there is a limit where nothing is gained. IMO 22-25k sustained, wot, is all that will ever be needed for 99% of the guys modding trucks.

Robertp said:
JustinR said:
i have been running the II 3 flows for more than two years with no problems at all. they have been used with and without a pressure box and now with my II modded FCA. still not one problem to speak of. also the reason you see more unhappy customers of II's is because they have probably ten times the amount of customers than anyone else. and produce that much more product. whos to say that it is II fault that they are unhappy. if the product they bought doesnt work right i know II will get that corrected instantly as long as the customer goes about it the right way.

as for customers of ours, i have yet to come across one that was unhappy with anything that we have done. sure wade may have some fun on the internet but who cares thats all it is is the internet. im sure tons of our customers read this but after meeting or even talking with one of us you would understand what we would do for our customers.
Well I hope my II 90 hp Dragonflows that seem to be making more like 130 hp hold up as well as yours. I love um!
I got to know Wade on the TDR site where he kept us up to date on the new stuff comming out and he was able to set me up with one of the new Floor It cp3s. I believe he has sence stopped posting on that site for some reason. Now the site seems a bit boring. This site is not boring! Someone has to keep things lively. Look at all the good info on this thread alone. Folks like me buy from Wade at NGM because they have fair prices and will make sure you are taken care of. Wade doesn't seem to mind testing stuff on his truck for us. Better his than mine.
Keep things lively arround here.
Remember ole WhupAss? I know some of you do.
Billy

We at II have always taken care of our customers. If you have a problem we want to know and we want to help. If there are problems I need to know so I can help you. The majority of our customers are very happy. It's odd I have to hear about dissatisfied customers from Don's supporters. We have over 2000 C/R injector cores, these are now mostly waiting for parts from Bosch to rebuild them. The biggest failures we have seen has been Control Barrel & Plungers. There has been a few cracked injector bodies but it has not been as big a problem. The nozzles do fail as all nozzles will (dirt/water etc.) but the cracking has not been much of a problem with nozzles. We have new nozzles from Bosio that are 10 hole design that we have had them make. They are making very good power and are better for cleaner more efficient operation. They have been very good for fuel mileage. They come in two versions for power increases. The smaller droplet sizes made by smaller hole design not only makes more power but they increase fuel economy, clean up smoke and helps spool up turbos. Thanks, Brady

Billyram said:
Robertp said:
Well I hope my II 90 hp Dragonflows that seem to be making more like 130 hp hold up as well as yours. I love um!
I got to know Wade on the TDR site where he kept us up to date on the new stuff comming out and he was able to set me up with one of the new Floor It cp3s. I believe he has sence stopped posting on that site for some reason. Now the site seems a bit boring. This site is not boring! Someone has to keep things lively. Look at all the good info on this thread alone. Folks like me buy from Wade at NGM because they have fair prices and will make sure you are taken care of. Wade doesn't seem to mind testing stuff on his truck for us. Better his than mine.
Keep things lively arround here.
Remember ole WhupAss? I know some of you do.
Billy

Dragon Flows RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly have never known Brady to not make things right, if there is a problem with any of the Industrial Injections Products.

To those that seem to have problems that have aired them here, I ask you- Did you call and talk to Brady himself on the problem ?? Brady posted above that he would in fact- like to hear from you guys. Give him a call and set things straight- Brady will do the right thing when it comes to his products.

Brady, What's odd about that? People who have run company "X" injectors that have had problems that weren't solved by either the dealer or manufacture will without doubt slam that company when given the chance. Customer service goes a long way in this business. Look at Wade for example, he slammed the Smarty and Bob on these forums because he felt he wasn't taken care of... Make sense? I don't know. What's rational to one person may not be for the next. These internet boards are a pretty good equalizer when it comes to customers making sure they get satisfaction, one way or another.

As for which injector is better? I went with Don's injectors because I read post after post after post of how good his injectors were and he would stand behind them. I also kept an eye on the classifieds for when F1 used injectors were for sale, they wouldn't stick around for a day and had real good resale value. I even remember reading a post were he said if one of his tips failed and took out an engine, he would be buying some expensive engine parts for that person. Sounds good to me, but I'm just a guy who doesn't have a bunch of money to be trying every new injector that comes along, so I have nothing ill to say about II injectors.

I don't agree on blaming the Company that we buy the sticks from right off the bat. Most of the time the customer's truck is inadequate in some way to care for itself (fuel system/ filters). Injectors are a mechanical device. If they tested good before they go out, nothing in the laws of the universe say the will be 50 miles after install. When something decides to break it will. How many guys have bought a bad part? bad brand new part? many times i am sure. Hell, wal-mart has sold me a stereo with a failed sticker on the inside and a lawn mower with a bad briggs and straton motor. I can't say anything about bad customer service on II or DON M's part I don't buy sticks from either. Bad customer Service will sink a company in a minute. Especially at these prices!!!$.02

Back