Another cool video

that is a sick truck!!! how far did he pull? what class does he pull in? it looks like street tires.

good grief. good thing they left the gate open or he would have just plowed that thing over !

He runs in our supermod class, it is a cut tire class, but he doesn't run them. it is pretty sweet to watch in person. I can't wait untill he decides to put a cut tire on it to see what it will do.

Am I the only one that thought the engine/pump sounded hurt before the end of the run?

Was that steam/coolant right before the end of the track when it either cut out for a second or he lifted when he saw the coolant?

Sounded like it got hurt. Other than that, it seemed to make good power.

He runs in the supermod class. And those are street tires, truck is street legal and driven on the street often. Engine was ok after run had a bad exhaust manifold gasket and small hole in coolent line, that's what the steam was from. Covered the front of the truck. He did lift a little think he was worried about hitting the gate. And yes I would love to see the truck with cut tires that would be sweet! Are you listening Mr. Jones? :hehe:

that thing could be scary with cut tires if it runs like that with street tires dont ya think?

if he runs cut tires isnt there more of a chance to get under the turbo/turbos at the end of the track? seems to be doing pretty good running street tires but im no pulling expert

from the way the truck sounded i dont think having the fire go out with cut tires is a issue!!!!

Frame is a 1994 reg cab dodge. Frame is shortened in the middle about a foot and stretched 10" up front. I have a good friend in Idaho that did all of the body work, this thing was a basket case. The interior has a full cage chrome moly cage with 5 point harness on each seat. Dana 80 rear with haisley axle and locker, front dana 60 with haisley axles and locker. Trans is a full billet 48re with everything billet sponsered by ATS, 3000 stall convertor. We kept balloning the convertors until ATS came up with an idea to prevent it. Haisley helped alot with the engine, Columbus pump, 5X35 injectors Aries pistons, 3 electric supply pumps. Truck pulls best at 140# boost and at 4800-5200 rpm. Suspension is all 4 linked with air ride for comfort when not pulling. It has a manuel valve body with floor shift. The reason I have not put Cepeks on is because I did not think the auto would put up with it. This truck is a 1942 WC53 weapon carrier (powerwagon). We have a new truck in progress hopefully ready for the new pulling season. Thanks for all of your interest.

Thanks for saving the day. I had the deer in the headlights look for a second.

Back