Another one of these threads

Mopar1973

So. Early 04 305/555 truck, 178k on original injectors/cp3. Its on its 2nd lift pump since new. Truck currently has zero problems running or driving. No overheating, no nothing. Its been run out of fuel maybe twice in its lifetime since new. Truck has never done any extended cranking, given me any trouble or anything to that effect. It MIGHT see a car dolly and 4000lbs behind it. That's about the most its used for, otherwise, its whatever I throw in the bed. I am now going to install one of my competition transmissions in the truck to get some hard pulls on it and get some miles on it to see how it holds up to DD style driving and the little abuse a mostly stock truck can put it through. Currently it has a smarty jr and an mbrp 4in TBE. As far as mods go, I'm looking for maybe 700rwhp. As far as this goes:

1. Gauges
2. Fuel system (Fass or fuellab)
3. s06 with UDC
4. was thinking about a box s366?

Sound about right? This truck is not my only means of transportation, but I would like to keep it a daily driver and maybe crack into the 12s with it. I have also seen that a 66 of some sort will spool relatively well with stock 5.9 CR cp3 and injectors. What say you?

I say you're gonna need more than stock sticks and CP3 for 700.

With the original injectors at 178k is it worth just doing nozzles or should I just get a new set and keep my old ones as backups? I keep adding to this list as I get more and more realistic :nail:

You can have exergy ir F1 do your existing injectors. Its quite a bit cheaper that way. For 700hp I would have exergy go 60% over or so, maybe more.

Get a good CP3 and order a new set of injectors. Give them good filtration and you'll thank yourself.

Talked to a few people...did a little more research. Have been drawn towards:

Secondary: 63/68mm T3 0.80AR
Primary: S476 82/92mm T6 1.10AR

because I tow frequently enough that I don't want a laggy single. Or to go overkill on fuel. Am being told the above will be relatively quick spooling, good for around 750whp, and I could possible get away with 100-150hp sticks? Maybe .85AR on the primary and t4 foot?

Single will work fine, but duals will give you cushion room. Really one or the other for that power range. I prefer duals from my experiences, except that its more clutter.

I use II injectors, they have a really good injector guy now and brand new machinery, 120s with atleast 85% cp3, 62-74-14 and an s480, 5" exhaust have Crazy Carl do the piping...

Single will work fine, but duals will give you cushion room. Really one or the other for that power range. I prefer duals from my experiences, except that its more clutter.

I need it to be reliable for the time being. I may end up paying the extra for the injectors because this truck is really my only reliable DD and I use it almost daily.

I need it to be reliable for the time being. I may end up paying the extra for the injectors because this truck is really my only reliable DD and I use it almost daily.

Reliability is my one of my key concerns now as well. That's why I suggest new complete injectors, and quality filtration. I've yet to experience a cp3 failure, stock or modified. Reliable quality components from reputable companies isn't cheap initially, but is in the long run.

555 motors like injectors. I would go a little biggrr than the 04.5 guys run at the same levels.

Reliability is my one of my key concerns now as well. That's why I suggest new complete injectors, and quality filtration. I've yet to experience a cp3 failure, stock or modified. Reliable quality components from reputable companies isn't cheap initially, but is in the long run.

This is the route I plan to take...I would rather pay more the first time for a product from a reputable company knowing I won't have to do it again.

Ok update....I decided that if I really need to tow something that bad I can use my brothers 12v so a big single IS an option. I've been told UDC can cut down on the lag of a big single. I'm not going to be racing stop light to stop light so I don't need this thing lit immediately. Twins would be nice, but its another $3000 in primary and piping I wouldn't have to spend immediately. End game is 750rwhp and 12.0 E.T. Would I be working an s366 too hard with say 100hp injectors and the necessary supporting mods?

Since you want a 66mm charger I would suggest a small S400. With large injectors and tuning a 67.7mm forged mill wheel with a .90 housing will perform better and not have thrust bearing issues that the S300s are prone to.

Since you want a 66mm charger I would suggest a small S400. With large injectors and tuning a 67.7mm forged mill wheel with a .90 housing will perform better and not have thrust bearing issues that the S300s are prone to.

I'm not set in stone for anything but results of my search consistently the s366 pops up. That would be an s467 then correct? Any ideas as far as what rpm this would light at? Would a 2200 stall help get this thing going?

Back