ANOTHER p pump build.

inline6power

more hp than you
well its come down to me wanting a more reliable setup as i have went threw 5 vps in the last 2 years. got my conversion kit ordered and going to start putting the conversion on a new 99 vp motor i got. once its all together, i am going to swap motors. but, before i swap motors, i am going to put my dragon fire vp, 6x22s, quad ard 4k, and 4 stages of :nos: before i pull the motor. going to try to spray the rods out of it and see if i can break the 1k mark. if it blows, so be it, got a p pump motor built for it. if it doesnt blow, so be it. got a p pumped motor for it lol. just looking for a drivable 500hp setup that i can drive to idaho and not have to worry about my stupid vp setup going south.

well its come down to me wanting a more reliable setup as i have went threw 5 vps in the last 2 years. got my conversion kit ordered and going to start putting the conversion on a new 99 vp motor i got. once its all together, i am going to swap motors. but, before i swap motors, i am going to put my dragon fire vp, 6x22s, quad ard 4k, and 4 stages of :nos: before i pull the motor. going to try to spray the rods out of it and see if i can break the 1k mark. if it blows, so be it, got a p pump motor built for it. if it doesnt blow, so be it. got a p pumped motor for it lol. just looking for a drivable 500hp setup that i can drive to idaho and not have to worry about my stupid vp setup going south.

I like your style

Just ordered the conversion kit. Next is finding a decent pump. I might bite the bullet and buy new from industrial. I can get a brand new never touched 180 pump for 1350 with no core .

Aww dang you! I've been watching your vp stuff! I'm gonna have to freakin ppump mine so I can fit in. This is bull...
On a side not Chris has a yummy 13mm for sale here. Just a thought.

I'm seriously losing what little hope I had for having a decent running vp truck.

Aww dang you! I've been watching your vp stuff! I'm gonna have to freakin ppump mine so I can fit in. This is bull...
On a side not Chris has a yummy 13mm for sale here. Just a thought.

I'm seriously losing what little hope I had for having a decent running vp truck.

Oh you can have a decent running VP no problem but try to throw dependability in and it all goes to chit Lol. I still think we will break 1000hp before I swap in my ppump motor but just tired of replacing pumps . Like I said its either going to blow up trying or put down some decent numbers before it blows. Either way we are going to throw everything at it and spray and pray

sent from my galaxy s3

Oh you can have a decent running VP no problem but try to throw dependability in and it all goes to chit Lol. I still think we will break 1000hp before I swap in my ppump motor but just tired of replacing pumps . Like I said its either going to blow up trying or put down some decent numbers before it blows. Either way we are going to throw everything at it and spray and pray

sent from my galaxy s3

Yes but I have what I got from Jory and I was learning vp from you!! Lol now all hope is lost. You even have a set of twins I was thinking on.

I'm screwed... May as well be done. Are you running a hot rod or dragon fire?

Yes but I have what I got from Jory and I was learning vp from you!! Lol now all hope is lost. You even have a set of twins I was thinking on.

Dragon

sent from my galaxy s3

lol vps can make killer power when setup right but there is no such thing as a dependable vp pump. some get lucky and one last forever and the next guys luck sucks and it goes out quickly. the first 2 pumps that went out on me were on a stock truck both fed by a raptor 150. the last 3 were all fed by raptor 200 but had alot of stuff on the truck. the only pump that hasnt went out on me is my dragon pump but i dont have very many miles on it yet and i also took it off to be more drivable for hunting season.

its funny how ones perspective changes over the years. when i first got into diesels in the early 2000s, all i wanted to do is make as much dyno hp as possible with a diesel. didnt care if it was drivable, dependable or any of that crap. then i wanted something that was HIGH horsepower and daily drivable, so i built a cr drag street truck in 2009.

Now its 2012, and all i want is 500hp, a DEPENDABLE truck, with the ability to pull my pop up trailer for hunting lol. dont care about making gobs of horsepower any more. i think alot of me getting away from the high horsepower diesel stuff is because of the stuff in my sig. i just have way more fun going way faster in the sand.

Dont give up on the vp, its a great daily driver and will make all the power you want with the right setup, but for me, when it all comes down to what i want and looking for now days, the vp just isnt it lol.

Well I guess if I have problems some where I might hit you up for advice lol. Good luck with the new setup when it gets completed and keep us in the loop.

You should sell of your parts and engine and go and buy ron's truck and drop his 6.7 in your truck. What are you going to do about smog?

Last edited:
technically he is selling a stained t shirt and boxers, the truck is free.
something like 25k

You don't want a p-pump motor. They're noisy, smokey, and don't put alot of money into the pockets of the big injector companies and programmers. Ditch the II p-pump idea if it's not too late. Otherwise have it sent to a good shop and checked. Have fun with the build.

Lol I don't have a pump yet that's why I was tossing around the idea of a new pump then I can build the pump the way I want it. I will take noisy and smoke tunable over undependable any day
sent from my galaxy s3

Back