Another race in the South?

Lol, to me any southern state with Mucho aqua on one side is considered southern. This is fairly close considering where our other races are at outside of Dallas.

Id be in with my new prostreet toy. I have 5 or so commonrails that would tag along as well and participate.

Im just thinking of a location where more could attend where we already dont have an event! Houston and Dallas already has events and OK has none - yet!

Im just thinking of a location where more could attend where we already dont have an event! Houston and Dallas already has events and OK has none - yet!

We are just glad your thinking! We still have no sanctioned events in Houston though. Dallas has two. We could really get a good crowd in Houston and some trucks to boot.

Last edited:
We are just glad your thinking! We still have no sanctioned events in Houston though. Dallas has two. We could really get a good crowd in Houston and some trucks to boot.

agreed, however if ok is where it happens ill travel.

Houston is killer location heck we have 7 prostreet trucks in the area within 100 miles of baytown that will be out this year............

I thought the TX shootout guys held events at Houston? Didn't they have a November yearend event down there?

I thought the TX shootout guys held events at Houston? Didn't they have a November yearend event down there?

Yes the TDS races are once a month with the Friday night test and tune. The year end event since I have been around is like the monthly race with the test and tune. The guys running the event have done a great job and managed to make Baytown a diesel friendly track. We do not have a diesel only event anywhere in Houston like the DHRA use to do. Speaking of, it did fairly well here. I watched it for two years, got my duramax and decided to give it a try and the DHRA went under that year. Owe well.....

The dhra races were always successful all the big names usually came out too it was a great time! Ive been to the dhra event that was held in ennis as well and there wasnt even a 1/4 of the amount of trucks there and the stands nearly empty. Whereas baytown had both sides of the track full of spectators did the qualifying and eliminations on saturday and then finals and sled pull on sunday and they did the sledpull right next to the track so the stands could be used. Houston is a prime location for a diesel event imo and would be very successful as it has in the past.

The dhra races were always successful all the big names usually came out too it was a great time! Ive been to the dhra event that was held in ennis as well and there wasnt even a 1/4 of the amount of trucks there and the stands nearly empty. Whereas baytown had both sides of the track full of spectators did the qualifying and eliminations on saturday and then finals and sled pull on sunday and they did the sledpull right next to the track so the stands could be used. Houston is a prime location for a diesel event imo and would be very successful as it has in the past.
that is right it was a two day event. If it can be successful with a two day event, a well planned out one day event would do well

Back