Another Turbo thread Relapsed

zrultima

Alright guys so I am in a bit of a pickle here. In my earler threads i had decided to go with an s366 turbo with a T4 foot. I enjoyed the turbo and it showed me a good time. I did have an issue with the spooling as it was somewhat slower than my hx35. Now I just went ahead and sold it since I wanted to do a nice spooling setup. The thing is now I have a marmon downpipe and dont want to buy a hx40 downpipe or whatever else.

Now my question is since I am on a budget I would like to stay with what i already have for a downpipe and get on to a quicker spooling turbo that wont cost an arm and a leg. What do you guys suggest I could go with a t3 or t4 foot wont matter but i would like a reasonable priced turbo to get her running??

Thank you in advance

S66 slower then a hx35 :hehe: duh!!! I would go for a 62/65 Just guessing don't know what you have for injectors. And it should be Marmon flange out of the box.

Well obviously I knew it was going to spool slower they usually do once going bigger I have 5x18 injectors at the moment since I will be going compounds in the future

Where can you find that turbo at a reasonable price 800-900 a bit steep for what I have seen them for. I updated my sig for anyone questions

Then the 62 would be a good step, as it will work good for twins. There are several site sponsors that can get good prices on BW chargers. Smokem or tmoney ( manning motorsports)

I edited my post and added a link . You're not going to get a new gated charger for that price . I ran the non gated .91 with ddp4's it worked excellent and you can't beat the price . When you want to move to compounds it's an excellent secondary charger however you have to either externally gate it or buy a new or used gated housing .

Also the A/R on the box 63 aint it a 88 wouldnt that be a slow spooling??? I herd about 88 being a slow spooling setup and a divided 91 is quicke

Also the A/R on the box 63 aint it a 88 wouldnt that be a slow spooling??? I herd about 88 being a slow spooling setup and a divided 91 is quicke

The link I posted was for a .91 as for the spring gate .... It's a non gated housing which means there's no wastegate at all . Nothing to add a spring gate to. If you want gated your going to have to spend more money than 8-900$ unless you comb the classifieds for a used charger , even then you'll be hard pressed to find what your looking for .. Majority of gated chargers are t3 foot with either a 351 flange or hx40 .

I haven't had a chance to drive my 366 that's very similar to yours and by the sounds of it because I'm at 5000ft+ elevation with a similar rig as yours and you don't get good spooling at sea level, I'm in for a laggy pig. I do have a bd diverter valve waiting to go in when I get my truck back but this doesn't make me optimistic.

Meatball the one im seeing there says 88 and for a 91 u have to pay more????

Bellabulldog the truck spooled decent it was ok for my injectors but it was smokey at the bottom end but once the turbo lit it threw u into the seat. A cam helps immensely but im trying to keep thing within budget

I also thought the lower A/R the better bottom end I just want to make sure because 150 bucks for .91 is not worth it in my book but i dont know

Bella you shouldnt gave a problem spooling the 66 i literally only had injectors when in threw it on there not much else and it spooled ok. It lit at around 1800 rpm u just need good afc tunning for sure

I hope you get a set of compounds that works out for you. I'm planning on doing the same when I get out from under some legal bills I have.

We did some playing with a 63/38 with a .70 a/r T3 housing and we noticed little to no difference in spool compared to stock. The truck was a blast to drive and we kept it pretty smoke free as well.

Yeah i couldnt find a turbo like that copen i did find a 3rd gen style 63/68/91 with a T4 FOOt i am hoping that this is much quicker spoolib for my setup

Most turbo shops should have it or be able to get it. I've came across a couple, one from Forced inductions and one from ED. Smeding diesel has the housing listed on their site if you were looking for one online.

Back