Any body run dual oil piston cooler squirters?

Mike it wont work well to use 04.5 and up pistons with a 03-04 head and injectors. The spray goes all over the place and will then cause problems way beyond wether or not you use 2 squiters or not. IMHO 1 squirter is more than enough, as mentioned earlier melted pistons are tuning issues or fuel system issues. My pistons in my old engine were still perfect even running at over 1000 hp for a couple years and spraying a reasonable amount of nitrous.

I'm betting its for a different build. The original engine in question is back in the truck and running, last I heard.

Mike it wont work well to use 04.5 and up pistons with a 03-04 head and injectors. The spray goes all over the place and will then cause problems way beyond wether or not you use 2 squiters or not. IMHO 1 squirter is more than enough, as mentioned earlier melted pistons are tuning issues or fuel system issues. My pistons in my old engine were still perfect even running at over 1000 hp for a couple years and spraying a reasonable amount of nitrous.

Ya sorry different engine build. Its a 06 block, 480 marines pistons, 12 rods, CR crank, colt stage 3 cam, maxed out CR 06 head. I want to run the metal early piston squirters, just don't like the plastic new stuff. Not sure yet if the 480 pistons use a different piston squirter than the 03/04 engines. Still researching stuff. The crank has been lightened, debeamed, the rods have also been adjusted on the big end and small end. Plan on running 03 style injectors, from extergy.

Stock CR gridle and arp bolts/studs. Just a good alround street engine, just shooting for 700-800rwhp of reliable power.

03 injectors? Why? Go with the newer injectors, bodies are better. You still need to run a 04.5 or newer nozzle to work with those pistons. 7 or 800 hp is easy, you dont even really need a real big set of injectors, 200 hp units will do it with a 66 turbo.. with a good set of twins super easy,,, smarty and dr p, dual cp3's and a AD2 150 or bigger will do the trick

03 injectors? Why? Go with the newer injectors, bodies are better. You still need to run a 04.5 or newer nozzle to work with those pistons. 7 or 800 hp is easy, you dont even really need a real big set of injectors, 200 hp units will do it with a 66 turbo.. with a good set of twins super easy,,, smarty and dr p, dual cp3's and a AD2 150 or bigger will do the trick

Kevin, the 480 marines require the 03-04 spray pattern. And on the other build he could use the 03 head & Injectors on a 04.5+ piston cause the spray angle is tighter so it can work. You just wouldn't want to use 04.5+ nozzles on a 03-04 piston or 480 marine.

Confusing I know

Not sure about dual CP's yet, its not my truck. Going to be neat to see how everything works out.:Cheer:

might want to pm CSnyder I belive he has done this a few times with the j-style piston coolers and the ones that squrit from the mains. He said no oil pressure problems at all.

Mork, give me a shout bout this sometime, I'm doing the same to the pull truck engine duel squirters and marine pistons

Back