Any conversions using dodge frame?

BWC

Im picking up this rclb 98.5 4x4 truck that I kinda wanna do something unique with. With that being said I was wondering if anyone has put for example a old C10 cab on the dodge frame? I read in a diesel mag that someone did this with a D-100.

Any input will help!

Thanks
Blake

I put a 69 F250 body on a 93 D250 4x4 frame. The D250 was an ext cab so I cut 22 inches out of the frame.

Attachments

• SANY0146.jpg
    SANY0146.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks good man! This is exactly what I was talking about I just wanna see all the realistic options

Just did the Chassis work on a 65 Chevy C20 using a 95 rclb dodge frame. The arches in the front of the frame lined up perfectly to the contour of the inner fender wells. Had to make cab mounts. Using the factory motor mounts on the frame there was plenty of fire wall room but very limited on the radiator clearance. Supposed to bring it back to me one he gets it running to cut the core support out to fit a decent size radiator and make the front end flip forward.

Just did the Chassis work on a 65 Chevy C20 using a 95 rclb dodge frame. The arches in the front of the frame lined up perfectly to the contour of the inner fender wells. Had to make cab mounts. Using the factory motor mounts on the frame there was plenty of fire wall room but very limited on the radiator clearance. Supposed to bring it back to me one he gets it running to cut the core support out to fit a decent size radiator and make the front end flip forward.

Would love to see a few pictures if possible.

I put a 39 dodge on a 96 2wd 2500 frame if that fits you can make just about anything fit just custom mounts a lot of measuring and eyeballing I still have a ton of work to go but it is possible

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
I put a 39 dodge on a 96 2wd 2500 frame if that fits you can make just about anything fit just custom mounts a lot of measuring and eyeballing I still have a ton of work to go but it is possible

This is exactly what I would like to do some day! This is a cool ass build. I have a 2000 that is pretty rotted out but runs excellent. When the body is completely destroyed I want to do something to this effect. I was thinking an old International.

I would imagine that you could make almost anything fit on a 1 ton or 3/4 ton Dodge frame. It would be a matter of frame length and cab/ body mounts. As long as the cab/ body was wide enough for the Dodge frame.

This is exactly what I would like to do some day! This is a cool ass build. I have a 2000 that is pretty rotted out but runs excellent. When the body is completely destroyed I want to do something to this effect. I was thinking an old International.

I would imagine that you could make almost anything fit on a 1 ton or 3/4 ton Dodge frame. It would be a matter of frame length and cab/ body mounts. As long as the cab/ body was wide enough for the Dodge frame.

Thats what Im thinking to, just changing the frame length and mounts.

I did. I set a '49 cab on a '94 frame. The late model frame is a little wide for the old bodies; I would consider putting it on a dakota chassis since the engine would bolt into the dakota chassis.

dakota chassis fits the width much better I had to add 4 inches to my rear fenders and use much larger 1.5 ton front fenders and even then the tire comes right to the edge of the fender. Ill eventually probably widen the front fenders to make the look more original.

I haven't done one, but there is a guy I have talked to put a 73/87 chevy crew cab with shortened step side box on a 1st gen standard cab 4x4 chassis

Guys,

This is the ultimate conversion ---------:snoop:
You can follow it on Cummins Forum as well--------:rockwoot:

WAYNES WORLD

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • lil_pete_5-31-10_005_up0w.jpg
    lil_pete_5-31-10_005_up0w.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0345.jpg
    DSC_0345.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
143370499750803dc4215d1.jpg

This is based off of a megacab frame, IIRC.

Back