Any tips on what to tune or change next on setup?

KingS

Ok guys and got the twins on as it says in the sig. my injectors are 5x.016 and JL's version of laser cuts my 1/4 mile time is below need to know some idea's of what to tune or tweak or change add next trying for 12.00 but streetable and I use it every day for work such as pulling my 16 foot cargo trailier to haul flooring every day and my 25 foot cabin cruiser to lake michigan fishing which weighs in just under 6,000 lbs.

Right now afc is still all there nothing but star wheel adjustment, the # 5 tst plate is 1/16 from all the way foward. Now I know I can add a Fass system and that should get me close to 12.5 or touch over from the difference all the other 12v guys have told me it has made for them now suggest away on what should be next to do to get her moving alittle better.

sorry for so long.

any takers on this plus if anyone happens to know what the wastegated so be set to open at would help to right now it opens at stock setting just under 20 psi.

thanks for the reply I will have to do some afc mod's then once I read and figure that out so I tune it right for fuel on low end when pulling boat and yet enough to spool when needed and at the track.

What hx 35 do you have, and is the wastegate the internal one or an external? If external what size? Any idea what your drive pressure numbers are? Are you clearing all the smoke at wot? What are your egt's when you trap? Not to seem like a questionaire, I am looking at a similiar setup for a daily driver/tow/weekend race truck.

thanks smokem.:thankyou2:

sniper, I have the hx35w I believe is what they call the one on the 96 it is the stock wastegate but I drilled the hole that the flapper covers up to alittle smaller then the actual flapper its self plus the divider in the exhaust housing is taken out all the way back to just even with the farthest point of the wastegate hole so it can waste gate all six cylinder.

As for drive pressure not sure but shouldn't be to bad with what I have for the setup and stuff but can't tell you for sure.

As for smoke I still haze going down the track.

And as for EGT's haven't reinserted the pyro probe yet I haven't decided where I want to put it yet.

As for over all I like it alot I just need to fine tune it so it smokes alittle less from a dead stop if you need to pull out in traffic but driving just normal its great no complaints at all with how it performs I will know better either this weekend or next when I haul my 25 foot lake michigan boat to the lake to go fishing that will tell me the best about it since that wieghs in at just under 6,000lbs with trailier and I have to pull it almost 60 miles to put it in the water.

Back