Anybody ever add a support for the transfercase?

Sandaholic

Bangin' through the gears
I was building a mount for some long travel airbags which required me to move the vent/brake line block on the rear axle. I bent up new lines and after bleeding the brakes I had the rear elevated on jack stands. I was checking to make sure the brakes felt good and I noticed just how much jarring twisting force was being exhibited at the t-case. It was a chit ton and started me wondering if anyone else had seen this and did anything about it?

Maybe it isn't neccessary, but it seemed pretty bad. Thoughts?

A8C97AC0-A4AB-452F-BF54-82303BFA5411-568-00000185BB022ADB.jpg

Can't remember who, but someone makes a piece to bolt onto the transfer case for additional support. I remember running across one somewhere.

I'm sure I could fab something up, I was more or less just wondering if anyone else had needed to as well. I know the Duramaxes have needed more support at the t-case.

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else ever seen one? I just haven't heard of this on any Dodges.

I want in on this. My truck ripped a engine mount out of the cradle, and has destroyed the rubber tranny mount... I would like to figure something out!

I thought about going to polyurethane motor mounts but I think the vibration would be nuts. Nobody makes a polyurethane rear mount, but i think that wouldn't cause vibration like motor mounts would and tie down the twist some.

When I ordered a new tranny mount I received the wrong one and it fits in the channel of that small cross member right below the t-case and I think I'm going to mount that to that cross member and either take some plate or some tube and bolt it to the cross member because mine seems to move a lot too.

I ordered something similar for my truck, if i remember i will post a pic. The one i got bolts to the bottom of the tcase and u fab ur own bracket to the main trans support. A customer has one on his truck and u can def feel the difference.

Back