Anybody ever had this problem

B N S slammer

With what im running right now ive got a problem.. When i give it fuel and let off in higher rpms my truck dies and i have to bleed the system to get it to start again.. I run all 1/2 inch linjes through my stock filter cannister.. with edge on 5x5 can drop to 7-8 psi at idle im runnin 22 psi... does anyone have an idea? Ive heard turn the pressure down to get more volume less pressure fuel wise.. Ive also heard industrial pumps arent the best choice.. any thoughts?

Most VP trucks with bigger injectors will do that. Just have to let off easy.

Eh mine still does it with full Airdog 150, drawstraw and all that. Supply system isn't the problem it's the VP itself that can't keep up.

Stop lifting so fast, problem solved. I don't know why but some vp trucks with larger injectors don't like the sudden off throttle.

Tapamaxxing

Yep, your emptying the vp itself and air locking it. Almost the same as taking the lines off and then having to bleed them to get the air back out. The VP has that problem with larger injectors and WOT to quickly letting off. You just have to ease out of it.

22 psi? How?
My platinum 95 hold no less than 12 pounds ever and if you lift fast it will drain the pump like that.
My truck also only has 100 horse injectors so it doesn't have to be large to do it.

Not sure what your asking? 22PSI is about right and pulling down to 7-8 is reasonable with big injectors and the stock filter(possibly needing changed). I assume your pressure probe is right at the VP? Not sure how big 7x.012 is hp wise but I'd guess about the same as mine, bigger than 100hp for sure.

Fuel filter slugged up. If you are running 22 psi at idle and drop to 7 lbs at WOT, you have a huge restriction somewhere. I have 25 psi at idle and drop to about 15-18 at WOT. Sonething is wrong with your fuel system. Is the check valve and spring working properly? It should open and return fuel at 14 psi.

That is weird how some trucks have issues with the rapid let off air locking the pump. I have an SO, modified Mach 6s, and Adrenaline on Comp tune and I've never had it air lock. Does the transmission have anything do with it? Is it more prominent in sticks or autos?

The pressure drop isn't normal in my book. I have a Raptor 150 set at 20 psi and at WOT it only drops to 15 psi. I'm also running it through the factory filter. My mechanical gauge is hooked up at the VP. I bet like stated, theres a restriction some where or possibly a faulty reading?

ive got a different filter on the way thatll mount to the frame n bypass the stock filter housing.. it did this once with my single 63 but i ran it hard then n never had a problem.. i twinned it backed it outta the shop and on one of the test drives it happened then it happened again.. im not throwing any pump codes so idk

Not sure what your asking? 22PSI is about right and pulling down to 7-8 is reasonable with big injectors and the stock filter(possibly needing changed). I assume your pressure probe is right at the VP? Not sure how big 7x.012 is hp wise but I'd guess about the same as mine, bigger than 100hp for sure.

Are all these directed toward me? Lol

It is amazing what a decent pump and regulator with its own return can do for fuel pressure, even with modified stock filter housing..
I am running 7x14 with no pressure drop at all.
Now the airlock problem, that is normal and sucks..

That is weird how some trucks have issues with the rapid let off air locking the pump. I have an SO, modified Mach 6s, and Adrenaline on Comp tune and I've never had it air lock. Does the transmission have anything do with it? Is it more prominent in sticks or autos?

Only trucks I've seen it happen on have been autos. Not saying it can't happen on a manual transmission truck, just haven't seen it.

Tapamaxxing

Last edited:
6x13s, 10psi at idle and 23psi at WOT.

. . . .

Get a mechanical pump people. . .

Interesting. I figured it'd be autos since they have the dying issue when running oversized tubes and/or lines with a stock pump. No idea why though. lol Never really heard it explained.

As far as the pressure drop. Its not like a 13-14 psi drop is normal for electric pumps.

None of this matters. With enough fuel demand from the VP, if you lift too fast it will kill it regardless of fuel supply.

Just a guess but I'd bet it is more likely to happen with an auto.

Back