Anybody have a pn or know of a larger/higher flow fuel filter ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I haven't scrapped my factory fuel system yet. I have a modified cummins lift pump, removed the pre heater, 140 gph pusher pump, ofv has an extra spring in it.

I found some fuel filter part numbers online for filters that do not have the wit sensor.

Anybody know of a filter with a higher flow rate that might be available at a parts store ? I typically use a wix water/fuel filter. the water sensor has been missing a long time. I'd be fine going with just a fuel filter.

A sump , and a separate fuel line to the pusher pump is on the list along with some larger lines

The donaldson website gives flow/ pressure specs along with dimensions for filter heads and filters. That's what I used to build my setup.

I’ve been meaning to machine an adapter fitting to use in the 94-96 fuel filter mount to use CAT’s large 2 micron fuel filter (CAT 1R-0749)

Basically machine a new fitting with correct thread for the cat filter on one end of this.
20170526_085515.jpg

1r-0749-caterpillar1.jpg

I ditched the factory mount and machined my own filter heads to run the Fleetguard FF5319 filter and FS1000 water sep. Same as the CAT application mentioned above. Been working great for 5 years.

I’ve been meaning to machine an adapter fitting to use in the 94-96 fuel filter mount to use CAT’s large 2 micron fuel filter (CAT 1R-0749)

Basically machine a new fitting with correct thread for the cat filter on one end of this.
20170526_085515.jpg

1r-0749-caterpillar1.jpg
Sounds like a great idea do you have the flow ratings for that filter? Is it too long to fit factory location?

Sounds like a great idea do you have the flow ratings for that filter? Is it too long to fit factory location?

I don’t know the flow rate. There’s a ‘short’ version available if there’s not enough room below the filter mount for the ‘tall’ version filter.

Back