anybody pull antiques?

Diesel Dummy said:
I do, i have a 1950 JD AW and just aquired a 48 JD A getting her ready this week end to hit the track.

whats the going rate on an ol A in your area? i seen one sittin on the side of the road with a for sale sign. any idea how many HP they are?

Last edited:
Myojunk said:
whats the going rate on an ol A in your area? i seen one sittin on the side of the road with a for sale sign. any idea how many HP they are?

Depending on the year, an un-restored A will cost anywhere from 500 to 5000.
Horsepower varied by year, starting in the low 20's (1934) to roughly 35 hp in 1952.

And, if you want to know how to get about 110 hp out of one, just let me know.. :D

partsguy662 said:
Depending on the year, an un-restored A will cost anywhere from 500 to 5000.
Horsepower varied by year, starting in the low 20's (1934) to roughly 35 hp in 1952.

And, if you want to know how to get about 110 hp out of one, just let me know.. :D

is that possible with parts from the local napa?? :hehe:

PM in route...

1218194387_l.jpg

Here's a pic of the old rat I used to pull.

Myojunk said:
just curious if any of you pull antique tractors?
YES I DO , HERES MY 1949 FARMALL M , DID IT OVER THE WINTER FROM TOP TO BOTTOM , FRONT TO BACK . I PULL IN THE 5500,6000,6500 LB CLASSES, I PULL FOR TWO DIFFRENT CLUBS , ONE IS A TRANFER SLED , THE OTHER IS A DEAD WEIGHT ( STONEBOLT ) THIS IS BEFORE & AFTER PHOTO'S ALSO - :poke:

Attachments

• FARMALL M REBUILD # 1.jpg
    FARMALL M REBUILD # 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 39
1965LONEWOLF said:
YES I DO , HERES MY 1949 FARMALL M , DID IT OVER THE WINTER FROM TOP TO BOTTOM , FRONT TO BACK . I PULL IN THE 5500,6000,6500 LB CLASSES, I PULL FOR TWO DIFFRENT CLUBS , ONE IS A TRANFER SLED , THE OTHER IS A DEAD WEIGHT ( STONEBOLT ) THIS IS BEFORE & AFTER PHOTO'S ALSO - :poke:
HERE IS THE AFTER PHOTO - WOULDN'T LET ME LOAD IT LAST TIME

Attachments

• my tractor.jpg
    my tractor.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 55
Pulled the old R for a while... had to get rid of it and I can't say that I miss it much.

The 60 has been my pulling mainstay for a number of years. Pull Div I and II 7500 and 8500 very competitively. It stays home mostly now due to the fact that people keep *****ing about the curved stack...

Last is the WD9. It is now painted and awaiting decals. I've been pulling with it since I can compete with some friends in the heavy classes. (9500-11500) Plus a diesel is always fun...

Attachments

• jdrright.jpg
    jdrright.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 25
  • justin60yuma.jpg
    justin60yuma.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 170
  • wd9kimball.jpg
    wd9kimball.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 27
I guess I'm a little slow on this thread....
One of my G's.. that will one day get finished...
102_1182.jpg

The G that I've been pulling for the last 12yrs...
100_0580.jpg

W/driver
100_0583.jpg

A few of the other tractors.. My G puller (with short Radials on), Dad's WD45 Diesel Puller.. and Dad's GW...
MVC-191F.jpg

I used to pull an 820 JD diesel antique in the 10500lb or heavyweight 12500lb class. Problem was I won 98% of the time so everyone else quit pulling but 2 other guys so then the promoters dropped the class. :(

chromedome1 said:
we have 14 jd As, thinking of getting into pulling.

yeah, i am thinking about it. but its just a thought at this point.

im liking the A's or possibly a B. i hear the straight 6 speed A's are the way to go.

Back