anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
well i spent $741.60 on thursday for a smarty.

i drove over 500 miles since then and i love the smoke, power, etc but what i do not like is when im doing about 70, if i go to pass someone, it will have a hesitation at about 80 and then take off again.

i never change how much throttle, but it acts like it does itself.

why does this do this?

also, when i shift, i have to get on it every time, or it bucks. sometime i just like slow cruising with my gf with slow shifting but with the smarty i cannot.

any help?

im tempted to take it back and just pay their 15% restocking fee.

chase n.

ooh, and this is on level 5.

i also forgot to menton, at 75mph, crusing i am getting 26.7 mpg where-as before i was getting 17-18 at that speed.

this is running 285's.

chase n.

ChaseN said:
ooh, and this is on level 5.

i also forgot to menton, at 75mph, crusing i am getting 26.7 mpg where-as before i was getting 17-18 at that speed.

this is running 285's.

chase n.

Is that according to the overhead computer?? If so, it's not even close;)

Anytime you alter the fueling of the engine computer, the overhead values wlll be thrown off accordingly!

Chris

Chase. I don't know where you bought your smarty but please give me a call if you need any help getting it set up right.

my toll free number is 888 225 7637 8-5 Pacific time.

Thanks
Bob

removed smarty.

problem is worse.

taking in tomorrow morning.

before i returned to stock it said "high pressure common rail" DTC.

i forgot the code number.

ugh, and i thought i got rid of a problematic truck (ford)

chase n.

ChaseN said:
removed smarty.

problem is worse.

taking in tomorrow morning.

before i returned to stock it said "high pressure common rail" DTC.

i forgot the code number.

ugh, and i thought i got rid of a problematic truck (ford)

chase n.

:hehe: and all that had to happen was for it to burn to the ground

youre really getting 25 hand calc'd eh?

I only have 2 complaints about the SMARTY for the CR.

1. It will not remove ALL Torque Management, only about 3/4 of it on the WILD setting, so with huge turbos, huge injectors and dual fuelers, it will really hurts you off the starting line.:tree:

2. It's all low-end fueling, not a whole lot of top-end fueling from the SMARTY.

Other than that, I like it, but the Bully Dog seems to run better for my application.

Unless Marco wants to make me a custom program..........:rockwoot:

Bob...............:Cheer:

Ultimate Diesel said:
I only have 2 complaints about the SMARTY for the CR.

1. It will not remove ALL Torque Management, only about 3/4 of it on the WILD setting, so with huge turbos, huge injectors and dual fuelers, it will really hurts you off the starting line.:tree:

2. It's all low-end fueling, not a whole lot of top-end fueling from the SMARTY.

Other than that, I like it, but the Bully Dog seems to run better for my application.

Unless Marco wants to make me a custom program..........:rockwoot:

Bob...............:Cheer:

well even in the heat at TS i put a new # on the table---highest for smarty yet 11.54 @117---with a off the shelf,mild TQ program.
fueling down low was too much for my setup and mid to top was weaker than usual.
also we found that we may have one or two problems: a cracked injector or another bad ECM. i will see in the next few days...........

bad injector, lift pump, failed fuel delivery something.

wasnt listening too much.

Truck Source Diesel has helped ALOT!!

mine still does the bucking/ throttle sticking/ surging thing
i took it off and im trying a diablosport predator this weekend, i never got any files to fix it, and never heard anything from marco. i will probably end up taking it back

i have had the worst expirence with smarty lately.
history:
i ran a diablo off the shelf unit and push my truck to a 11.3, then after being told that the smarty "out power them all" i tryed it and lost big time....... on the track and on the dyno------the best i could do with the smarty was 513hp on fuel( remember i've ran 11.5 on fuel w/ diablo) and the smarty and pressur was 580hp and the best of the day on drugs was only 675hp---so i lost out big time. my track times estimate well over 850hp to the track.

results:

i called bob and told him what had happened and his first responce was " smarty did not do this it was diablo"---then after his story of why smarty is the greatest he offered me a recovery file. i said great send it. so here we are 5 days later and nothing so i call and get hung up on! thats real professionalism Bob, then after countless e-mails and pm's and more phone calls i still dont get thrue---obviously he doesnt want to help a customer. where is all this great customer service you speake of Bob? well i did just get one pm's from Bob telling me he is done helping me. so i am pissed at the fact that i cant get the same as the nextguy and my ecm is fu**** because of smarty! i really hope no one else has gone thru this, although i do know a of quite a few who have been treated in this manner, i just hope for smarty's and Bob's sake it doesent continue.

so after all of this i called diablo and they were more than willing to help, offering a new DL just in case, and before i was of the phone i had what i needed allready sent to me.

i have also had great successwith PPE in the past and dan @ ppe is the coolest guy to have on your side as well.

Bob take a few pointers from PPE and diablo they offer "true" customer service in my book.

Back