Anyone gone from lifted to lowering?

oldblue116

How Many people have re-usedthe control arms from there lift kit. I have heard of people doing this, so I tried it and have found that the "L" bracket on the fram is about an inch away from the control arm mounts. It looks like if I just cut the bracket off, it will be ok. I am not trying to sound lazy, but it would allow me to reuse my Tubular control arms. Any input would be great. Thank you, Mark.

Cut mine off along with the bump stops between the frame and axle to get as low as possible. Here is a pic of the frame resting on the axle.

SANY2135.jpg

I think I'm just going to hack them L brackets then build the ctrl arms & track bar this weekend.

Send me the pics still. I'll send you mine later if the rain lets up. I'll just post them here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok. Im at work until 330 so I'll send them later this afternoon. What size pipe would you suggest for the ctrl arms? I'm still half asleep, so if you told me about it yesterday I just haven't remembered yet lol

Ok. Im at work until 330 so I'll send them later this afternoon. What size pipe would you suggest for the ctrl arms? I'm still half asleep, so if you told me about it yesterday I just haven't remembered yet lol

I'll measure mine out for you lol. I think they're 1.5 maybe 2" od. Not sure. They don't have to be super heavy duty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Perfect... I already have some 1.75"od tubing stashed under my work bench.

Well, it's 40* and snowing, so it'll be later today before I get those pictures taken LOL

Sleeper truck. Sits way lower then Garys 2wd. 265 tires. 2" from frame to axle contact. Planning on putting some kind of bump stop where the L bracket use to be to cushion it a touch before it bottoms out.

TruckHeight3_zps5c376301.png

SANY0217_zps07745044.jpg

Sleeper truck. Sits way lower then Garys 2wd. 265 tires. 2" from frame to axle contact. Planning on putting some kind of bump stop where the L bracket use to be to cushion it a touch before it bottoms out.

TruckHeight3_zps5c376301.png

SANY0217_zps07745044.jpg

I love the sleeper lOok. Mind sharing a pic of what makes it a sleeper?

That is freakin awesome!:woohoo:I would like to see it next to the farm truck from the 1320 videos.

Back