Anyone have an ATS G56 or Gorilla 56?

waparson

Curious if anyone is running these with a high HP truck. 750+

How well are they holding up?

I've seen some older threads on the gorilla from years back, but wondering if anyone has any recent experiences with them and how they are.

Seems I cant find anyone at all with the ATS build, so does anyone have that either?

Thanks!

Your best bet is to just get a torque shield, and run better fluid. JMO

Yea, I was definitely planning on getting that pretty soon. Just curious about others with any special G56's.

I was doing research before I bought my truck, and thought I'd like a manual because just put a clutch in and go. BUT I didn't look at the discussions with the power range I'm looking for talking about the G56 not handling it.

I got lucky with my setup and truck, and already have 650 as is, I got a great deal I believe. And as is, it wont take much more to get to my 750-800 goal.

I was planning on changing fluid out this weekend with Mobil Delvac 50, from what I've read this seems to be generally accepted and runs pretty well in the G56?

+1 for Delvac 50w

Ive herd rumors that the ATS G56 is awesome. Think they Cryo most of it. I dont know for sure tho. Im gonna see what my stock G56 wants to take, If you dont speed shift them or do boosted 4wd launches they seem to last at higher horse power.

+1 for Delvac 50w

Ive herd rumors that the ATS G56 is awesome. Think they Cryo most of it. I dont know for sure tho. Im gonna see what my stock G56 wants to take, If you dont speed shift them or do boosted 4wd launches they seem to last at higher horse power.

Heard most is cry as well. But just haven't found anyone that's actually had/used one to see how well they actually hold up.

I think I was digging around on Cummins Forum when I found some posts. Might try some searching.

Back