Anyone in Western PA with a Star Scan?

06RAMCTD

Is there anyone in Western PA with Starscan? I live in the Slippery Rock Area, and work in Harmarville area. My truck is throwing 2 codes: P0148 (HPCR-high pressure common rail) and P0191 (Fuel pressure sensor performance). I scheduled an appointment at my local dealer for a scan, but I would rather take to someone, where I can be right there while they scan it. I'm not sure the dealer is going to be open to that.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry. No star scan here. We use a solus unit. Either way a scanner will not fix your truck. Might be able to clear codes, but the problem will require some troubleshooting.
What are the symptoms? Is the truck running alright.

Keeps it has been throwing the P0148 (high pressure common rail) for about a month now. On and Off occassionally. Then last week it started with the P0191 (Rail Pressure Sensor Performance). I thought the Star Scan would be able to tell if the Rail Pressure Sensor is bad. The truck runs fine, just throws codes.

Keeps it has been throwing the P0148 (high pressure common rail) for about a month now. On and Off occassionally. Then last week it started with the P0191 (Rail Pressure Sensor Performance). I thought the Star Scan would be able to tell if the Rail Pressure Sensor is bad. The truck runs fine, just throws codes.

I haven't seen to many issue with the rail pressure faults unless a guy is running a programmer and a pressure box.

No scanner will tell you what is bad. They tell you where to start.

Can you get a Rail Pressure Sensor? How Much? When I installed the dual CP3 kit, there were some filings left in the adapter. I think it may have messed it up. We installed injectors and dual CP3 in early June, it was fine for about 2 months, and then it start with the P0148, and last Friday it started throwing the P0191 too. Not sure what to do. No visable leaks, and the truck runs fine.

Can you get a Rail Pressure Sensor? How Much? When I installed the dual CP3 kit, there were some filings left in the adapter. I think it may have messed it up. We installed injectors and dual CP3 in early June, it was fine for about 2 months, and then it start with the P0148, and last Friday it started throwing the P0191 too. Not sure what to do. No visable leaks, and the truck runs fine.

Yes. I keep them here. Less than 100.00 shipped. You'd have it tomorrow on a UPS truck, or today if you drive down.

Yes. I keep them here. Less than 100.00 shipped. You'd have it tomorrow on a UPS truck, or today if you drive down.

Good deal! I'll call you shortly...cancel appt at dealer! About the same!

Mine does on and off. Now its that code and p0088 and it is at 27.5K at idle and smokes white as well as sounding really bad.

Back