Anyone running an 88mm or bigger as a single?

dvst8r

Unobtainium
I know Chad Riley is running an 88mm single on his altered roadster, and obviously seems to do well. I can't think of anyone else running that big, but I am sure there must be.

Anyone else running anything that big as a single? Anyone running that big WITHOUT spray? Are you getting enough PR to actually make it work on a cummins cylinder head? Extensive port work, or?

Anybody that is if you could give a few basics of your setup:

Boost you see
Injection type (ppump, vp, cr)
Turbo size
Head work
General RPM range (where it lights, and about what you normally run at)
Nitrous or not

:Cheer:

I know Chad Riley is running an 88mm single on his altered roadster, and obviously seems to do well. I can't think of anyone else running that big, but I am sure there must be.

Anyone else running anything that big as a single? Anyone running that big WITHOUT spray? Are you getting enough PR to actually make it work on a cummins cylinder head? Extensive port work, or?

Anybody that is if you could give a few basics of your setup:

Boost you see
Injection type (ppump, vp, cr)
Turbo size
Head work
General RPM range (where it lights, and about what you normally run at)
Nitrous or not

:Cheer:

I copied your thread and moved it down here to the Dodge Competition section, it might get more hits

Thanks, I wondered how that happened. I have been drinking a bit this evening, but I was pretty sure I hadn't double posted it... :lolly:

it will be interesting to see.. i have seen several run 480's on commonrail trucks but havent heard of any 88's

I know ther is a p-pumped 7.3 running a gt55 as a single for 2.8. Dont know of anything being ran on a cummins thou

i know alot of the ss pullers run a 3.9 charger on their trucks

Interesting that would be a BIG single. Hopefully someone can add some more information.

I know ther is a p-pumped 7.3 running a gt55 as a single for 2.8. Dont know of anything being ran on a cummins thou

That would be quite the bushing setup to bring it from a 3.6" charger to a 2.8". Assuming it is the smaller GT55 in the 5533.

But I digress, just looking for information on people running big singles.

Not even trying one at this point, but if at some point I do, it is on a dedicated race truck.

At this point I am just curious, as I always had it in my mind that you would need more PR then a single can support, to move the mass flow of a big single charger. Hence twins, the obvious side benefit of twins is quicker lighting.

Though on a dedicated race truck even getting them to light isn't a big deal with either some spray, or a fancy CR (I'm still with the dinosaur crew) with standalone.

i know alot of the ss pullers run a 3.9 charger on their trucks

wow thats really large never figured there would be guys running something that big on a truck, tractor mabye but dang...

Not even trying one at this point, but if at some point I do, it is on a dedicated race truck.

At this point I am just curious, as I always had it in my mind that you would need more PR then a single can support, to move the mass flow of a big single charger. Hence twins, the obvious side benefit of twins is quicker lighting.

Though on a dedicated race truck even getting them to light isn't a big deal with either some spray, or a fancy CR (I'm still with the dinosaur crew) with standalone.

Hard to make that big single live with niter nitrous when you start making stupid shaft speed... Just ask TS and Stuckey.

The quickest altered on fuel only runs a 71mm turbocharger, an oversized single is a crutch.

Okay so I am not crazy to think that a large single ie over 80mm, needs to be over-sped in order to make the PR needed to push past the mass volume into the low flow of the cummins head.

Back