anyone still playing with V10 converters?

BlackSkyRacing

Living Under a Rock
Just had one come in for a rebuild recently and I'm undecided as to whether or not I should eat the core charge and keep this sucker... My truck is about to get short boxed and set up more as a drag oriented truck than a full DD :poke:

I have a core, debating whether to use it or not for the dually. Going for high stall.

LMAO I remember that....

I'm going with a big single. I found a 83mm for cheap, can't really pass up good deals.

Nice! Yeah I laughed a little when they pulled that crap, it's not like I listed prices... Just trying to help out a fellow service member :bs:

I have one in my 2.6 truck 3000 stall. Works good

from phone

I suppose that would really help with lighting the charger on the line without pushing through the brakes since you're running low range. That's what we're running into with our 2.5 truck, figure disc brake rear will help a little, might have to have Phil restall the converter worst case scenario. You must be running 5k springs and locking up not long after you're out of the hole? What input are you running? I thought drag guys were even having issues with the shock load of lock up twisting stock diameter shafts...

I don't have a tach but It's gotta be pretty close to 3000 off the line. Took me a bit to drive it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLy_e9emLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This was last nights pull.

from phone

That stages nicely and lights hard...I'd say you're over 2500 for sure. May have to find another one of these suckers for the 2.5 truck I just put together for a customer. I'm pretty sure the current one will end up in my drag truck now :Cheer: Won't need one for his till we get the quick rate cam and 5k springs in the pump anyway, no sense in stalling that high with 4ks and a stock 160 pump.

Back