Anyway to get rid of a pesky p1740 code?

okish

Is there a PCM reflash available to get rid of this p1740 trans code? I have a pretty tight 89% dtt billet super single and it pops that code about once every 2 weeks. I don't drive my truck hard all the time so thats probably why the computer thinks there is not enough drop in rpm's when it locks up. I'm also not running a lock up switch, no need for one really.

I have the same problem and this has been going on for a couple of years. What tranny are you running? i would say its the lockup controller but you don't have one. There is a solinoid in the vavle body that causes this code but I have had no luck with the fix. I can be sitting at a light or just driving down the road and this code comes on. I just reset it and go on. For some weird reason though I haven't had this code pop up in a long time. Good luck with this and I hope you find a solution. I hate when this code comes on when pulling a trailer cause the truck will run very weak.

Just keep driving it and learn to ignore it.

Mine will come on almost every week on the same turn under the same conditions. I have just learned to tune it out and after a dozen or so key cycles it goes off until the next time.

I've got a tight Spec-Rite converter and its done it since day one.

DTT for the last 3 or 4 years and never once had that code pop up.

Not sure if it due to the fact that I have been doing most of my driving in Tow/Haul mode for a while now, or maybe accelerating a little harder to the point of lockup when just cruising around, but I have not had the code pop up in a long time.

It seems to be worse when running on higher levels of programming, and driving like a grandpaw (not that there is anything wrong with that).

It would be nice If Marco was able to tell the thing that a larger drop in RPM is not required when hitting lockup, outside of changing the parameters there, I am not positive there is a "sure fire" way to get rid of it if you have it...so I guess it is kinda like Herpes?

Back