ARP headstud 245ft lbs

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Well I had to replace a rocker assembly because of my drunkeness and over reving the motor.....I had to remove the headstud...mother F#$k%R....Im 5'7 and only 150lbs...I not only didnt have enough A#$ to break it loose it was a @#$%@#$%@^%^#%!%$ to retorque it....:soap:

And thats all Im going to say about that

UNBROKEN said:
It's no problem at all for me...LOL

You win:clap:

I wish I had those 8ft long arms....I had to go buy a 3/4" torque wrench

Im really loving this mod thing...Its cut down my bar time by about 75%.....

Robts said:
You win:clap:

I wish I had those 8ft long arms....I had to go buy a 3/4" torque wrench

Im really loving this mod thing...Its cut down my bar time by about 75%.....

maybe you should go back and re torque them to 250.

dj

its called a cheater bar son. saves what little muscles you got.

(1) cheater bars and torque wrenches don't mix

(2) 245 lbs? come on man, I'm under 200 and I can re-torque my tractor headbolts.....those are 295 ft-lbs each....:D

ummmmm I'm gonna have to go find something and torque it to 245 ft/lbs so I can tell him he got owned by a lil bitty girl.

rotunda sells a tool for about 40 bucks that will let you replace rockers off the carriers so you don't have to remove the head bolts.

:eek:wned:

Come on, its only 245 and the motor is bolted in. Try torquing 350 on a transmission that is on the floor by yourself.

Well I was sitting inside the motor compartment.

as for a torque wrench and a breaker bar....Its a no no

I use a 3/4 drive snap-on tq wrench. Its about 4 to 5 feet long. Maybe next time use a tq multipiler to make it a lil easier on you in the engine bay.

My motor was out on a palette.. I had a hard time keeping if from spinning on the ground while trying to hit the #

I guess you would really be screwed with the Track Bar - 369 ft/lbs.

when i used to work for holt cat, we had track bolts that were 550 them 3 sometimes 5 flats. sometimes on the d9 and up, we had to use torque multipliers to get some of them tight. breaking them loose was easy with a npk 1 inch impact 3800 ft. lbs. if it didnt break loose, we cut them out.

Back