ARP rod bolt problem

I did make mention that they were weaker than the 12 valve rods. Might as well as told him in pig latin

I have reused a lot of torque to yield bolts too. But reusing them in a rotating assembly, I don't think i could ever bring myself to do.

Just finished another one yesterday.

2007 International DT466E with 2,000mi on an inframe. Previous "mechanic" reused TTY rod bolts. CompD family member hondarider had to fix this issue.

d71e7f744e691097b1b8b0dd4bdb759f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to torque them twice anyways if your checking your bearing clearance.

2007 International DT466E with 2,000mi on an inframe. Previous "mechanic" reused TTY rod bolts. CompD family member hondarider had to fix this issue.

d71e7f744e691097b1b8b0dd4bdb759f.jpg

That's really sucks. There really is such a thing as a mechanics feel and checking tolerance/clearance.
I don't have any pictures to prove point.
Maybe just videos of running trucks....? :lolly:

That's really sucks. There really is such a thing as a mechanics feel and checking tolerance/clearance.
I don't have any pictures to prove point.
Maybe just videos of running trucks....? :lolly:

Dude. I have reused everything in straight up hillbilly jobs, I'm not refuting you.
The head bolts on this V8 Mercedes where squeezed to a final of 325nm + 90* + 90*. You bet your ass a multiplier was used!
247be52924ce11a8cbf8ddc8925b74d4.jpg

Aren't the 6.7 rod bolts a little shorter? Iv reused main bolts, engine is torn down as of now and everything looks good but more and more as time goes by the more I convince myself I will not reuse anything again. It only takes once to bite you in the a**

Back