ARP studs for mouting exh mnfld to head?

PRattenbury

Neophyte
The tubular header I bought for my 12 valve was supposed to come with ARP hardware (studs) and gaskets. But, it did not. And I have not heard from the vendor, who I let know about the shortage, and they have not made it right. That said, I am now in search of ARP studs, washers and nuts so I can mount my tubular header to my cylinder head. Does anyone know what size I should get, and a good vendor to get them from?

Why do they have to be ARPs?

The head is M10x1.5 The studs Cummins sells for the manifold to turbo will work as well as a piece of all-thread cut to length.

now I could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure ARP doesn't make header studs. You really don't need strength that they're made for as much as you do for heating/cooling tolerances.

Some grade #8 bolts or studs from the local hardware store would do fine.

Someone to ask though would be Comp461. He's a master distributor for ARP. Other than head studs, he has rocker studs and that's it I believe.

Nathan @MPI has um. Thats Whats on mine and it makes it a lot easier takin the manifold on and off

Dumb question- I had stainless on mine and galling occurred when they came back out. I replaced them with grade 8.8 metric and they come out fine. Why does galling occur with the stainless bolts? I used antiseize both times.

Galling happens due to the lack of porosity of the stainless hardware. Good chances are the anti-seize is not affective at the temps those bolts were exposed to. Permatex anti-seize is only good to 1600 degrees $.02.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure the shop up the road has some nickel-based anti-seize that I can borrow.

Back