At what point do typical tires become a setback when racing ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
1/4 mile track , I planned on using 265/75/16s on aluminum rims. Budget beater shooting for high 10s , 4wd

Depends how much power you make and when the torque hits. Also the tire tread design and compound is a major factor.

I went 10.50 on street tires. But if you launch a little too hard it would spin and hop and get weird. With slicks it launches much smoother and faster.

Went 11.2's on stock steel 16s with sh!tty 285 BFG AT's.

For the price of admission, I'd upgrade as one of the first things on the to do list.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

For the price of admission, I'd upgrade as one of the first things on the to do list.

This. The right tires will make all the difference.
They are probably hurting you more than you know.

I’ll put it next on my list. If the truck goes 11s or better I’ll be happy. I’m not bracket racing and I’ll be lucky to even make it to the track. Turning into more of a glorified street toy but I’d like to put on a decent show. If it goes well I may go twice this year. One track in state and trying to make it there between the summer construction schedule and rain makes it tricky

It’s the 95’ in my sig. I thought I’ve heard of trucks running 10s on street tires .

Went 11.2s on a 35s hopping and spinning. Throw some 420s pr the original proxes(if you can find them) on if you dont have the money for slicks.

Back