Ati damper came off...

George I think new from cummins or arp with 2 or 3 pins
will be ok. The pins will make the difference.

I had a fluidampr come loose last year. It sheared the pins and the bolts backed out. Harmonic balancers on performance engines need to be checked regularly. Bolts need to be checked also

We have had both Fluiddamper and ATI come loose.

But we caught the ATI before we ran it again. Its comes with the terriroty you need to check them so often.

We are in the habit now of checking them after each pass especially since we are running over 4500rpm

Blue loctite and retorqing goes a long way IMO

what do you do with your truck post race? Never talked with you about your shakedown ritual, but an 11 second full street weight truck is going to loosen, stress, wear parts out, that thing should be gone over with a fine toothed comb by a qualified tech that knows all of what is on, in, and behind that motor.

what do you do with your truck post race? Never talked with you about your shakedown ritual, but an 11 second full street weight truck is going to loosen, stress, wear parts out, that thing should be gone over with a fine toothed comb by a qualified tech that knows all of what is on, in, and behind that motor.

I def do have a ritual i go thru everytime mike, but ill be honest checking the damper wasnt one of them..especially since it only had 500 miles put on it since install.but i promise i will from now on..

Last edited:

This is an interesting topic, rather than derailing this thread, I started a new one if you care to elaborate.

Ive see an ATi come apart at the track. Can cause some damage for sure!

Good news.... No internal damage, flexplate is wrecked and im sending tranny back to hts for a refresh, its been 5 years no problems.. I also had a laminated fp in there.. At the time my truck was just over 500hp lol... Im also swapping primarys, going to the r1000's....

Back