ATS 48re

azmxdad

The Trans doesn't shift very firm in 2nd-3rd but shifts firm into 4th. It is the stage 3 Trans from ATS with their billet converter. I talked to ats and they said it should shift firm. has any one else had this problem. The temps are at 180 on the freeway and go up to 200 in traffic.

ats is junk would have had 4 warranty claims but decided on the 4th one to make it right. the valve body that they use doesnt use enough pressure, at least if it is the way mine was, i kept smoking clutch's.
georand trans. dynoed my ats valve body it sarted at 80psi and top at 120psi

georand trans. valve body started at 90psi and top at 190psi

The truck shifts firm when I shift manually but it seems to just slide into gear when I leave it in drive

There are other forums on this site....find the right one for your question from now on.
Moved...

The transmission only has 30K on it, i'm going to drop the pan to change the filter and adjust the bands, should I change the gov and transducer while I'm in there

You should change the transmission....

BTW it's CONVERTER! Not convertOr

No I don't have the Co pilot, I'm going to pick up a gauge this week and see what my line preassure is and go from there

No I don't have the Co pilot, I'm going to pick up a gauge this week and see what my line preassure is and go from there

Thats a good start, the front band will only control the 1-2 shift though.

Did they have a sale going on all that Banks **** in your sig, or have you never tried anything else? LOL

All the banks stuff was on it when I bought it, I hope he got it on sale. banks stuff is pretty pricey.

All the banks stuff was on it when I bought it, I hope he got it on sale. banks stuff is pretty pricey.

It also sucks balls. LOL

After you get the trans going, you may want to get a good tuner and turbo.
An EFI Live tune may be able to help with a trans pressure issue with the TV motor.

Yeah my buddy has efi on his duramax and it runs awesome, who would you suggest?

you have an SSR as well don't you? get rid of the banks and start with it

Yeah I tried the settings comparable to sw7 and it ran great but there isn't a dyno around so I don't feel comfortable messing with it.

Yeah I tried the settings comparable to sw7 and it ran great but there isn't a dyno around so I don't feel comfortable messing with it.

I've never dynoed my ssr on my 03. But it has taking about 3 months and about 200 different settings to get it just right. Well it's never just right.... But it sure cleans up the smoke and scoots up past 130mph quick on the hiway and gets 20mpg+.

I did a line pressure test today and it was at 65psi at idle, Ats told me to turn up the line pressure 1-2 turns and it would fix my shift firmness.

I turned the line pressure to 75psi at idle and adjusted the bands and it shifts better, not as firm as I think it should though.

Back