ATS Intake that doesn't fit and they say tuff!

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
I bought an ATS Arcflow directly from ATS for a 12V 94 Diesel and finally got around to installing it only to find it rubs the brake fluid resivior. Thats fine things happen I just figured they put the wrong one in the box so I called ATS back and talked to tech and they say we don't even sell one for the 12v after finally looking up my order which was about 6 months ago he said I don't even know how you got that one and there is nothing we can do for you. No return no new replacement part nothing you gotta be kidding me! As many 12v's that are out here I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this problem he admitted this was a problem and basicly said I will have to deal with it pushing on my brake resivior. I know that I should have installed it right when I recieved it but I didn't, but you would think a company like that would have treated a customer a little better than this if they know it does not fit!:bang

I bought an ATS Arcflow directly from ATS for a 12V 94 Diesel and finally got around to installing it only to find it rubs the brake fluid resivior. Thats fine things happen I just figured they put the wrong one in the box so I called ATS back and talked to tech and they say we don't even sell one for the 12v after finally looking up my order which was about 6 months ago he said I don't even know how you got that one and there is nothing we can do for you. No return no new replacement part nothing you gotta be kidding me! As many 12v's that are out here I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this problem he admitted this was a problem and basicly said I will have to deal with it pushing on my brake resivior. I know that I should have installed it right when I recieved it but I didn't, but you would think a company like that would have treated a customer a little better than this if they know it does not fit!:bang

**ATS' Arcflow system is NOT compatible with Dodge's '94 thru '98 antilock brake system (Hydroboost Brake Applications), or California trucks equipped with an EGR system. ATS' Product Warranty does not apply should a customer use these two systems together, and ATS is not liable for any potential product failure. Please contact ATS' sales department with any further questions.**

You can find this information here at our website:
http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/ProductsDodge/InManifold.asp

And I wouldn't recommend running it with it rubbing on the master cylinder, you can have major brake failure if that thing begins to leak and can cause some serious issue's.

As far as the return, if the product is new and still in the box, we do allow returns. for products that were installed and ran, there is no return policy. But if you give me a call, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Wade

94-96 Don't have hydroboost brakes, that was 97 and 98 12v's only

Does that make a difference?
Chris

I guess when I called ATS direct and ordered it thru ATS that they might have mentioned that on the phone I guess next time I will have to read a catolog to find out what it actually fits. I wonder why they say this is not available for a 12v now? And what years did not have hydro boost?

Just another fine example of ATS and there fine products and customer service :umno:
Don't think your the only one they have thrown sand in the hole on as they were approaching!

I didn't mean to start a product bashing the quality of the product that I received was very good. And actually at the time the sales person was very curtious on the phone and they shipped it out right away. My main problem was obviously that it won't work on my specific application and I wasn't informed of that at the purchase time and then the service after the sale was what really burned me.

I didn't mean to start a product bashing the quality of the product that I received was very good. And actually at the time the sales person was very curtious on the phone and they shipped it out right away. My main problem was obviously that it won't work on my specific application and I wasn't informed of that at the purchase time and then the service after the sale was what really burned me.

Yes, there were models that came equipped with hydraboost prior to 97-98, hence the reason your Arc-Flow will not fit on your truck, and it's also the reason we post a disclaimer on our site and inform our customers uppon purchasing the product over the phone it won't work with a Hydraboost brake system.

And had you been the person that actually purchased the product from us over the phone, you would have been made aware that it won't work for your truck. But what your not telling everyone is that you had a friend order it, waited 6 months to install it, and then call us up demanding that we not only refund your money, but pay for shipping since it didn't work for you truck. I even told you over the phone that if you got me the name of the person that ordered it, I would track down and get it taken care of. I have yet to receive a phone call with this information, so I'm guessing you either can't remember, or don't know who ordered it originally.

And I would think I've been pretty understanding untill this point considering, you are asking us, to refund the full product amount and shipping without a receipt of purchase and not even the correct name it was ordered under?

Yep, I suppose we are the bad guys here :bang

The offer still stands if you can locate the information the product was ordered under or find your receipt, I'll do everything I can to help you out, even though it's been 6 months and the product has been installed.

Cheers,
Wade

I'd send it back gift wrapped and write it off as a loss.

If you guys have enough money to pay the debts in your big fancy shop then you can take care of this, or could have long before it came to post.

Jim

I'd send it back gift wrapped and write it off as a loss.

If you guys have enough money to pay the debts in your big fancy shop then you can take care of this, or could have long before it came to post.

Jim

My brain already hurts from just reading this :doh:

I'll be waiting for my phone call..........

Yes, there were models that came equipped with hydraboost prior to 97-98, hence the reason your Arc-Flow will not fit on your truck, and it's also the reason we post a disclaimer on our site and inform our customers uppon purchasing the product over the phone it won't work with a Hydraboost brake system.

Cheers,
Wade

I'm curious as to where you find he has a Hydroboost system?? He should have a Vacuum assist braking system, not hydroboost. Would there still be an issue??

Chris

I'm curious as to where you find he has a Hydroboost system?? He should have a Vacuum assist braking system, not hydroboost. Would there still be an issue??

Chris

If it doesn't fit, it's got Hydroboost. If he had Vacuum assist, it would work fine.

I think up to this point I have been pretty mild with my post if you read thru them you can see that I make some positive comments about the product and the company and agree that it took to long on my part to install it. But you are not understanding my point! I was not told this by your company at the time the order was placed that this may not fit and when I called to see what may be the problem I was told that we don't have one for that truck and I'm not sure how you even got that.

Now I will address the below comments.

If this is the case than you know it will not fit a 97 truck but yet if you look at my invoice it has 97 in the year of the truck????? My truck is a 94 this could have been a typo when the order was placed by why on earth would you send it out if it won't fit a 97.

]And had you been the person that actually purchased the product from us over the phone, you would have been made aware that it won't work for your truck. But what your not telling everyone is that you had a friend order it, waited 6 months to install it, and then call us up demanding that we not only refund your money, but pay for shipping since it didn't work for you truck. I even told you over the phone that if you got me the name of the person that ordered it, I would track down and get it taken care of. I have yet to receive a phone call with this information, so I'm guessing you either can't remember, or don't know who ordered it originally.

This part really gets me I was the person that ordered this product over the telephone with my credit card shipped to my house! I can remember who ordered this very clearly! Again I didn't even talk to you! See the invoice that I have attached and when I called in the person on the phone they looked this order up. So what I am telling everyone is I did order this!!!! And I did not demand a replacement or demand my money back that is a total bunch of crap. I asked what are my options and was told "nothing sorry about that but we could sell you something else at a discounted price."

And I would think I've been pretty understanding untill this point considering, you are asking us, to refund the full product amount and shipping without a receipt of purchase and not even the correct name it was ordered under?

I have also been pretty understanding to this point but there is nothing that pisses me off more than having gone thru the channels that you say I needed to go thru way before this post and not getting a resolve to the problem. It's to bad that the only way a person can get some offers to help fix the situation has to come after they post something on a forum.

Yep, I suppose we are the bad guys here :bang

The offer still stands if you can locate the information the product was ordered under or find your receipt, I'll do everything I can to help you out, even though it's been 6 months and the product has been installed.
Cheers,
Wade[/QUOTE

After all this I do not want my money back and I do not want a replacement. It will make a nice paper weight.

After you got on here and basically called me a liar I felt like I needed to defend myself.

Attachments

• P1013516 (Small).JPG
    P1013516 (Small).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 97
  • P1013517 (Small).JPG
    P1013517 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Do me a favor...take a pic of your engine compartment...mainly the brake booster. I wanna see if it's hydroboost, or vacuum...never seen a 94-96 truck with Hydroboost.

Only chance I see of them using the hydroboost on an old truck was if it's a Cab and Chassis.

Chris

Do me a favor...take a pic of your engine compartment...mainly the brake booster. I wanna see if it's hydroboost, or vacuum...never seen a 94-96 truck with Hydroboost.

Only chance I see of them using the hydroboost on an old truck was if it's a Cab and Chassis.

Chris

Here you go.

Attachments

• P1013233 (Small) (2).JPG
    P1013233 (Small) (2).JPG
    70 KB · Views: 172
Back