ATS New VGT Aurora Series Turbos

dukcaln

I see that ATS has came out with the Auroa 3000 and 4000 in a VGT. The 3000 is a 58mm/2.28 x 82mm/3.23 and they claim to support 520hp......The 4000 is 65mm/2.56 x 88mm/3.46 and claims to support 650hp.......What do you all think of the sizes listed and would you think the 4000 would be laggy........Do you think the 3000 is too small....Explain the #s to me.. they claim larger compressor wheels...both have Billet HD VGT Aculator and ported turbine vane housing and the 4000 has an oversized performance turbine wheel.... I am sure that the vgt line is a big improvement over the non arora line.....

In theory it shouldnt matter if the turbos bigger or not it should still out spool anything there is out there now on the market thats has the same size exhaust housing (im talking single turbo wise)

If I were to buy one, I would get the 4000. Being a VGT, spool up should be close to stock with the correct tuning and you can also adjust the amount of airflow/boost it produces with the tuning.

Would the 4000 be towable....to say 7k or so

The 4,000 will be able to tow anything u wanted to tow. it would have some of the same ability as your stock turbo. It will acutally problemy fill the same as your stock charger. But will pull much much harder when lite

I am new to this vgt stuff...beings I was a cummins man...I know the non vgt turbo stuff........I was thinking the 4000 would be a pretty good fit...

hey duk i know the guy that makes these turbos for ats. they are made here in california. you can probably go pick one up lol.

so do tell me the information needed and i may try to get one.....PM me.......I think the ATS 4000 will be a very nice turbo and a good fit for my stage 1 cam and valvetrain along with the ported heads......Let me know...

I believe ATS makes their own line and other people make their version. Elite Etc... I would call one of them.

Last edited:
Back