Audi R18 Diesel lemans racer

Your good, everyone takes Wade with a grain of salt. As long as he doesn't start sounding like Greg then i think we will be ok.

Wade you could tone down the big head syndrome a little and just take members comments with a grain of salt as well, no doubt your truck is fast but let your truck do the talking for you. I think you know what your doing and still in the learning curve process as well, you don't have to tell everyone how amazing your engine building is etc it will come with time.

Last edited:
Your good, everyone takes Wade with a grain of salt. As long as he doesn't start sounding like Greg then i think we will be ok.

Wade you could tone down the big head syndrome a little and just take members comments with a grain of salt as well, no doubt your truck is fast but let your truck do the talking for you. I think you know what your doing and still in the learning curve process as well, you don't have to tell everyone how amazing your engine building is etc it will come with time.

Did not know that i was coming across that way, i thought we were having a conversation about the latest in diesel technology (Audi R18). Before jeff got all stirred up Sorry, My fault. Thanks

Im not patting my back, i just was reminding you of the truth! see i can back up what i claim......You well thats another story, you seem to always have a issue with me Doing and Talking....Cant you just sit back and learn? if you know so much and im so stupid, then why are you not out here going faster? Learn to be a leader and do somthing usefull for yourself and the diesel community.

Untill you can do what i have and make it work you opinion dont matter. sorry but i am not the one chasing you.....Fact is you seem to follow me in every thread and on every forum and sabotage every chance you get. That makes you a follower! why? does it make you feel better? Grow up jeff!

The point of the thread was far from what you made it into as useual, you have turned a informative thread into your bash session.

I've never seen your truck in the DPC???? So you built a truck that can go in a straight line... and what else??? I do believe Jeff has built an all around performer. I have never met either of you but I know who has the tech experience and who jerks off to pics of himself while patting himself on the back at the same time. I REALLY hope you don't consider yourself a leader by any means. For what you have done and spent on that heap it sure hasn't done much compared to tube chassis trucks out there... Just sayin give it a rest man your **** is gettin old. Or atleast stay on 1 site spewing your ****, I am sick of seeing you on every site out there spreading your diahrea of the mouth all over.

I've never seen your truck in the DPC???? So you built a truck that can go in a straight line... and what else??? I do believe Jeff has built an all around performer. I have never met either of you but I know who has the tech experience and who jerks off to pics of himself while patting himself on the back at the same time. I REALLY hope you don't consider yourself a leader by any means. For what you have done and spent on that heap it sure hasn't done much compared to tube chassis trucks out there... Just sayin give it a rest man your **** is gettin old. Or atleast stay on 1 site spewing your ****, I am sick of seeing you on every site out there spreading your diahrea of the mouth all over.

I see jeff has allready gone to a few other site's looking for moral support.....Man that did not take long LOL

im not raceing in Fl, jeff as useual made that up too, he just loves nut swingin i guess...LOL

i love the fact that my success makes you and jeff sick...:woohoo:

Though it is the smack talk season, i'll let you two continue looking stupid..

next please.

Last edited:
Did not know that i was coming across that way, i thought we were having a conversation about the latest in diesel technology (Audi R18). Before jeff got all stirred up Sorry, My fault. Thanks

Well it was about the R18 :hehe: now it's about Wade's advanced diesel technology. :hehe: Everyone enjoys a little banter and engine talk so go ahead and prove eachother wrong, just no low blows.

i guess you never completely read the article....They run restrictor plates (1.750-2.000") on each of the the intake manifolds!!!! and they limit the allowed total boost psi allowed.....

That limits RPM and power potential, these engines in non-lemans trim turn 8000 RPM and make over 1100hp thats a 5.5 lt engine. Fuel only!!! if you read the article further, they later went on to explain the whole restrictor idea's, and that the smaller CI will work better under the restrictions, and that they will raise the RPM up to 6000 with a 3.7lt and make the same power as last years 5.5lt.....
Get with it jeff!! LOL

if 42-4400 is the max peak power you have ever seen on a duramx, then, your not looking close enough, you saw mine run at piedmont, we peak over 5000+, so does banks, but im sure you forgot that.

What? 3.7L IS the maximum displacement for the new cars, and I really doubt they are going to be making the same power. The diesels are getting their nuts cut again. 2010's will be grandfathered this season and will be running a even smaller restriction.

From what I've read the reg's are trying to cut them down to 550 HP or so.

It will be interesting to see if Pug goes with the hybrid push again. That got clipped as well.

What? 3.7L IS the maximum displacement for the new cars, and I really doubt they are going to be making the same power. The diesels are getting their nuts cut again. 2010's will be grandfathered this season and will be running a even smaller restriction.

From what I've read the reg's are trying to cut them down to 550 HP or so.

It will be interesting to see if Pug goes with the hybrid push again. That got clipped as well.

And i quote.

"The choice of the 3.7-liter V6 is said to have been determined by internal studies by Audi on the best cylinder and capacity numbers-to-engine air restrictor ratios set by the ACO, rather than a choice made to align its Le Mans engine with a particular size of Audi road car engine. With the wide V8 angle and a lower crankshaft position within the block, the new engine is expected to be extremely compact.

(The R18 features a narrow engine cover that surrounds the comparatively small engine. The rear fender extensions are also easily visible from the top of the car.)

Baretzky has said on multiple occasions that he is not a fan of the V6 engine, but it appears the studies done by other departments within Audi Sport helped the marque to arrive at that architecture despite his protests.

Horsepower and torque figures—or any figures, for that matter—were not released by Audi, but we are told to expect the horsepower figures to stay somewhat close to the 650 hp the 5.5L V10 produced, while torque numbers are expected to come down drastically from the 1200 lb-ft the V10 generated.

It was suggested that the V6’s horsepower and torque figures could be very close to each other, while the RPM limit—just over 5000 on the V10—could rise to over 6000 on the 2011 TDI engine. Turbo boost pressures are also expected to rise significantly, possibly bringing back the much loved wastegate ‘chirp’ that has been lost during the last decade of sports car competition."

And i quote.

"The choice of the 3.7-liter V6 is said to have been determined by internal studies by Audi on the best cylinder and capacity numbers-to-engine air restrictor ratios set by the ACO, rather than a choice made to align its Le Mans engine with a particular size of Audi road car engine. With the wide V8 angle and a lower crankshaft position within the block, the new engine is expected to be extremely compact.

In short of course they are going to take the largest displacement the regulations allow. Your post suggested they dropped displacement for "RPMS"

(The R18 features a narrow engine cover that surrounds the comparatively small engine. The rear fender extensions are also easily visible from the top of the car.)

Baretzky has said on multiple occasions that he is not a fan of the V6 engine, but it appears the studies done by other departments within Audi Sport helped the marque to arrive at that architecture despite his protests.

Horsepower and torque figures—or any figures, for that matter—were not released by Audi, but we are told to expect the horsepower figures to stay somewhat close to the 650 hp the 5.5L V10 produced, while torque numbers are expected to come down drastically from the 1200 lb-ft the V10 generated.

Not exactly hard data there to be quoting.

It was suggested that the V6’s horsepower and torque figures could be very close to each other, while the RPM limit—just over 5000 on the V10—could rise to over 6000 on the 2011 TDI engine. Turbo boost pressures are also expected to rise significantly, possibly bringing back the much loved wastegate ‘chirp’ that has been lost during the last decade of sports car competition."

They rumored the M10 would be spinning 8k, and when it came to race day 5k.

I smell a deathmatch brewing..

LOL....did I ruin it.....

Last edited:
They rumored the M10 would be spinning 8k, and when it came to race day 5k.

The ACO set rules that call for restrictor platesfor diesels, the rules for the diesels were: restrictor plates had to be half the size of the manifold inlets, so since the manifolds were twin 4" openings, the plates were to be 2" openings for the events and then they limited there boost to 35 psi because they were over 5lt engine's

So with that said in non lemans trim they made better power and turned higher RPM, but your right at the track RPM was reduced 35% and power reduced 40% because of the restrictions placed on them by the ACO.

So to get around this audi has found that they can make the same power and turn more RPM's with the same restrictions. Smart move in my mind.

LOL....did I ruin it.....

Thanks for bringing back the lemans conversation.

What bothers me about the ACO is they penalize winning no matter how you do it. And they penalize them so much that they choke the competitiveness right out of a manufacturars ride.
Instances:
1. People like Pescarelo, who couldnt even keep his cars together in the first place, even against the R8, were complaining that audi was walkin the dog on em' So what happend? bigger restrictors. This was especially the case in the last le mans for the R8 where Pescarelo's cars where lapping the R8 because of the 15+ mph difference in just straight-line speed between the two cars not to mention slower acceleration.
Lets not also forget when the ACO threw the "cant do that any more " flag when team champion Audi changed the whole back half of their car in less then 10 minutes after a crash.
2 When the R10 came out; it just made things worse and people complained about its fuel mileage being better so they put smaller fuel tanks in them and bigger restrictors.
3. GT1: Corvette dominated GT1 so much they got restricted, so by the time the new team Aston Martin comes along they are too slow. This is the same case for Audi against Peugoet. Both Audi and Team Corvettes wins against Peugoet and Aston martin are never because they were faster. They came because they were so restricted on hp, and aero by the ACO that they had no choice but to just hope the rival team broke down.

In my opinon the ACO should back off a bit and allow peugoet and audi to go at it with less restrictions. Let the engineers breath a little bit cause all restrictors do is turn the whole match into a reliablilty case

"Turbo boost pressures are also expected to rise significantly, possibly bringing back the much loved wastegate ‘chirp’ that has been lost during the last decade of sports car competition."

Sounds to me the lion share of the work is going to be done by a turbo......MAYBE a few more RPM's.

Last edited:
have you guys seen the R8 TDI concept they SHOULD have put into production?
basically the same engine in a street car. 500hp, 730 torque, AWD, DO WANT.
Audi-R8-V12-TDI-Live.jpg

First off, that car looks better than the current production version and second I'd rather see a gas v 8 in it than a diesel. Diesel and ultra high end sports car just don't jive well with me.

First off, that car looks better than the current production version and second I'd rather see a gas v 8 in it than a diesel. Diesel and ultra high end sports car just don't jive well with me.

ohhh shut up and get out. :)

If there's any Gasser that belongs in that is a v10 or v12 with a few turbo's.

What bothers me about the ACO is they penalize winning no matter how you do it. And they penalize them so much that they choke the competitiveness right out of a manufacturars ride.
Instances:
1. People like Pescarelo, who couldnt even keep his cars together in the first place, even against the R8, were complaining that audi was walkin the dog on em' So what happend? bigger restrictors. This was especially the case in the last le mans for the R8 where Pescarelo's cars where lapping the R8 because of the 15+ mph difference in just straight-line speed between the two cars not to mention slower acceleration.
Lets not also forget when the ACO threw the "cant do that any more " flag when team champion Audi changed the whole back half of their car in less then 10 minutes after a crash.
2 When the R10 came out; it just made things worse and people complained about its fuel mileage being better so they put smaller fuel tanks in them and bigger restrictors.
3. GT1: Corvette dominated GT1 so much they got restricted, so by the time the new team Aston Martin comes along they are too slow. This is the same case for Audi against Peugoet. Both Audi and Team Corvettes wins against Peugoet and Aston martin are never because they were faster. They came because they were so restricted on hp, and aero by the ACO that they had no choice but to just hope the rival team broke down.

In my opinon the ACO should back off a bit and allow peugoet and audi to go at it with less restrictions. Let the engineers breath a little bit cause all restrictors do is turn the whole match into a reliablilty case

Great points!

Back