automatic

wood80

New to pulling. I have a 95 12valve auto. Can I be effective pulling an auto or do I need to sell for a manual. I have bought all the bolt ons off of a 2.8 truck that everyone knows that dynoed 1260. TThe only thing is I want to pull 2.6. I have a 900CFM pump to fuel with. Please give me some opinions and what internal engine work do I need to do to handle these bolt ons.

New to pulling. I have a 95 12valve auto. Can I be effective pulling an auto or do I need to sell for a manual. I have bought all the bolt ons off of a 2.8 truck that everyone knows that dynoed 1260. TThe only thing is I want to pull 2.6. I have a 900CFM pump to fuel with. Please give me some opinions and what internal engine work do I need to do to handle these bolt ons.

900CFM?? I would be curious of this 1260HP 2.8 truck. Fuel only? You can do it with an auto. What charger is the 2.8?

lightning 2000 scheid
I can get suncoast parts at dealer cost and that is what I always ran in drag racing but can I use it for pulling

fuel pump doesnt use cfm it uses cc which would make me second guess your knowledge on what you bought and how much power the truck made 1260 on fuel only 2.8?????

I would use Goerend for the parts. There might be a few cummins in the US that can make 1260 on 2.8 fuel only. Those are probably $10,000+ engines only.

second guess all you want but I watched the dyno. I am not trying to start anything I would just like some help.

What do I need
valve body
clutches
high stall torque converter
all 3 billet shafts
stock transfer case???
410 gears detroit front and back
dana 80 rear
chromolys everywhere.

my buddy had alot of problems with his suncoast tranny he got when he was pulling with his 12v. i think he went thru 3 different trannies

codyn
I see you have 6.7 deletes. You know where a man could sale a stock 6.7 exhaust or does no one want them.

What do I need
valve body e618 and the tcm 2000
clutches
high stall torque converter yes min 2400
all 3 billet shafts yes
stock transfer case??? never broke the the case in my 3.0 truck
410 gears detroit front and back 4.10 maybe a little lower
dana 80 rear fully built rear end
chromolys everywhere.

valve body e618 and the tcm 2000
clutches
high stall torque converter yes min 2400
all 3 billet shafts yes
stock transfer case??? never broke the the case in my 3.0 truck
410 gears detroit front and back 4.10 maybe a little lower
dana 80 rear fully built rear end

i know on the second gens the 271 transfer cases out of the 3rd gens bolt right up and the output shaft is alot bigger. but i'm not sure if a 271 would bolt up to you tranny.

billet shafts are a must at that hp. clutches, bands, accumulators, band anchors, band lever (can't think of the real name), VB, and TC

I had some problems racing with suncoast but that is what everyone uses in racing

i ran a schied built ats in my 3.0 pulling truck never had a problem with it. but with this tcm 2000 i can a big advantage to it. wish it was aorund 2 years ago i think it would have help out alot

Back