B&M shifter linkage/bracketry for 47re

When I bought that shifter it came with a handful of linkage plates. I can look and see if there is a number on it. The truck is in the trailer at the moment though.

When I bought that shifter it came with a handful of linkage plates. I can look and see if there is a number on it. The truck is in the trailer at the moment though.

That would be great! At the moment, this is the last part I need to get the truck running. I could hack something together I'm sure, but without at least the lever off the trans, I'd never be able to get the shift pattern right.

Any chance the stock lever and bracket stuff works? I know I have that somewhere in the garage.

Just extend it out from the transmission so it will clear the cooler line. I did that with mine and didn't have an issue. Mine was the B&M truck Mega shifter.

I have a B&M shifter in both of my trucks. When you order the shifter it comes with several mounting plates like stated above. Basically, one kit fits a ton of different transmissions. The one you're after is for the 727. As soon as you say 47/48re to hotrod guys, you've lost them. Normally, whenever I'm trying to make "hotrod" parts work, I always refer to my Trans as a 727.

Anyway, the mounting plate for the 727 has worked well for me in the past. I don't have stock cooler lines anymore however. You may have to work around that, as stated above. I could probably text you some pictures if that helps any.

It's not the bracket I'm worried about, it's the lever. I don't want to get the wrong ratio/length and have it not shift right.

I used the 727 bracket that came with a bunch of others like he stated above /\/\/\/\/\

I have aftermarket lines also though, but mine isn't working just fine. linkage is free in every gear and doesn't bind any. I had to modify the cable bracket to work with my Magtec pan.

I'm running stock pan, and lines aren't stock, but are soft and can be routed around.

FYI I had my cable break coming out of the shifter after using it for a month on a DD. Apparently they don't cover the cable so there was a nice 50$ chunk. Ordered a cable and they sent me the 4' one instead of 5'. Had to mod my bracket to fit pretty simple to do though.

i used the lever that came in the kit, it worked fine . ive had it installed over a year now

I had no issues with the supplied lever and the modified bracket.

I used the supplied bracket and lever with my b&m shifter, had to use a 90 degree an fitting for the transmission line

Back