back halving and 4 link

1stgenctd

SuperBad
Not sure if this is the place to post this but, I am going to be back halving and 4 linking my truck in the very near future and was wondering how people have done theirs, whether using 2x3 tube or 1.5" tube frame, ndhra rules, and cage. I didn't plan on running any faster than mid to high 10's if I could get there. Any help will be great

Back half will put you in Pro Street, so plan accordingly... http://www.nhrda.com/Rules/2013-Drag-Race-Rules-Classes.pdf

Get an NHRA Rule Book.

Here is a link to my build. My advice to you would be to reconsider the 4 link unless you have access to a set of corner scales, and someone knowledgeable with chassis set up. Ladder bars will work great, and are much easier to set up. You want to hit the tires hard.

Looking for 9 advice - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Good Luck with your build.

Colin

I'd just mini-tub it and do ladder bars and coil-overs on a stock frame and rear end. A lot less work, and you'll be able to fit something stupid, like a 15-inch tire under there. My buddy Harvey did that to his Cummins Ramcharger, and he's been able to cut 1.4X 60fts in it.

The reason for the back half is frame rot. Stock frame is junk over the rear axle and a 4 link just seems appropriate at this point

We just came from Schieds and I saw 'em both ways. The 1.5 or 1.625 round tube looked the lightest and probably tougher to build. If you go 2x3, quite a few online suppliers (jegs, summitt, etc...) offer the mandrel bent frame rails that really simplify the work. I've seen 'em miter cut & welded that looked pretty good though. If the 4-link is what you like, have at 'er. You will eventually figure it out. The ladder bar will definately hit hard, but, the 4 link can hit just as hard if tuned properly.

Good luck. Are you going with a narrowed 9"?

Had I known this was going to happen i would have never done the 4x4 swap in my truck. With that being said I think I am probably going to run either the stock d70 or step up to a d80, not quite sure on the axle setup but they will stay stock width

Back