Back to Balad

jeepin87

I get to enjoy the great food and relaxing scenery once again...yay

Looks like I need to dust of the XBOX 360 and buy a PS3

Just when I start getting the truck back together too

I was back there in 2004, should be better now! Plenty of tax free for putting the truck together lol. I've also found that when I'm deployed, I don't break the truck as much....

Whoa! I just saw this Justin! When are you leaving for Balad?

Pitz- I was there in Aug-Dec 07. Pay is the only nice thing about going. I actually bought my current truck (Joefarmers old one) from money I saved...and a lil more :)

dieselfueled18- Uh, well I don't really listen to Country. Toby has performed there so I'm sure he said something about it. That base gets a lot of attention. We are suppose to be quiet about things but what's crazy is you can google earth the place and it actually shows the area. Air Base Balad/LSA Anaconda its around 60 miles north of Baghdad if memory serves correctly.

Mr. joefarmer- All I can say is I won't spend Christmas here. Last time I went I got home 2 days before Christmas and surprised my mom...made her cry :) so I figured all is fair this time. Plus I'm single with no kids so I'd rather take this rotation and let the family guys stay home. I will be anxiously awaiting some videos of you getting your truck to hook up! Justin=Jordan haha

Jordan

Pitz- I was there in Aug-Dec 07. Pay is the only nice thing about going. I actually bought my current truck (Joefarmers old one) from money I saved...and a lil more :)
Jordan

Hehe, I was there in Summer 04 or 05? We were still in the tents and didn't have the Phalanx systems setup. At least you have a pool and a movie theater. I'm at Bagram right now- way behind Balad's setup; but better than fobs!

dieselfueled18- Uh, well I don't really listen to Country. Toby has performed there so I'm sure he said something about it. That base gets a lot of attention. We are suppose to be quiet about things but what's crazy is you can google earth the place and it actually shows the area. Air Base Balad/LSA Anaconda its around 60 miles north of Baghdad if memory serves correctly.

Mr. joefarmer- All I can say is I won't spend Christmas here. Last time I went I got home 2 days before Christmas and surprised my mom...made her cry :) so I figured all is fair this time. Plus I'm single with no kids so I'd rather take this rotation and let the family guys stay home. I will be anxiously awaiting some videos of you getting your truck to hook up! Justin=Jordan haha

Jordan

Thats wild... i'm not trying to joke or make light of cant thing... The song is called The Ballad of Balad and its kind of a funny song and when i seen this i got curious is all.

LOL I knew I should have looked your name up in my phone first! :doh: Keep safe, thanks for serving!

Thats wild... i'm not trying to joke or make light of cant thing... The song is called The Ballad of Balad and its kind of a funny song and when i seen this i got curious is all.

Oh, nah I didn't take it like that. I'm easy going, I've just never heard of that song before. I'll have to search for it...sounds like it'll be a funny one, hell it might become our new "shop song" over there if I like it :rockwoot:

Thanks for the heads up!

Jordan

LOL I knew I should have looked your name up in my phone first! :doh: Keep safe, thanks for serving!

Hey no worries, just had to give you some crap for it LOL I usually answer to anything that begins with a J or G for my last name, nobody can pronounce it right.

So when are you going to have some poster made of your truck, I like the pic of it taking off. I'm going to try and put some posters up at our shop in Iraq and I think yours would be a cool one, especially if it was signed. If I remember to do so, i am going to start a thread and see if I can get some posters sent over there to us. Obviously diesel related, no nudity cause I like keeping my current rank. I think it would be cool as hell. I'll have to hit up roachie too, HSG!!! :bow:

Jordan

Yeah, I kinda dropped the ball on the calendar/poster thing. I did a private photoshoot earlier in the summer, but I can't get the photographer to give me any images now. Kinda sucks I wasted 1/16" of tread for nothing.

Come on you got to love ole' political JBB......I would rather be kicked in the face that ever go to that place......Our headquarters are up there and even for us its too many politics.......Atleast you got a pool......

Come on you got to love ole' political JBB......I would rather be kicked in the face that ever go to that place......Our headquarters are up there and even for us its too many politics.......Atleast you got a pool......

True, the Army has it different over here. This place is a joke now. Two and a half years makes a big difference. We hardly ever get attacked anymore. I'll be home in time for TS!!!!! Hope I have the truck done by then.

True, the Army has it different over here. This place is a joke now. Two and a half years makes a big difference. We hardly ever get attacked anymore. I'll be home in time for TS!!!!! Hope I have the truck done by then.

I am working at Speicher at the Field Maintenance shop right now...

I am working at Speicher at the Field Maintenance shop right now...

Where's that? West side? East Side? My shop is on the flightline, south east side. I don't know if you've seen the white ford van with red reflective tape above the windows on the sides...said FREE CANDY on it for a while, thats us.

Where's that? West side? East Side? My shop is on the flightline, south east side. I don't know if you've seen the white ford van with red reflective tape above the windows on the sides...said FREE CANDY on it for a while, thats us.

Nevermind, I had a blonde moment. How long you over there for?

Back