Bad cp3 = high rail pressure

mykal41

TrukWurks
I have replaced everything on this truck except the pump. It had duals so I removed them and still had the issue. The truck shows 27000 on the starscan. Commanded is 5900 at idle and ramps up with throttle. I have changed the FCA twice to brand new units the same with the rail sensor. The entire wiring harness has been changed and the ECM. The return lines are clear. The issue is not related to inlet pressure, I have explored that as well.

The truck had electrical issues when it came to me, so I removed a bunch of garbage off the truck. The starscan would not connect. So I changed the harness and the TIPM. Then we had contact.

I have never dealt with a pump that was bad in this direction. We have only witnessed them explode or low pressure. Any input would be great.

07 6.7 120 industrial sticks, stock single cp3, fass, and nothing else right now.

We had this with an 06 with dual pumps the ecm had been shorted out! And also the command was at 27k not the actual! Maybe there's a blockage in the pump somewhere that's ramping the psi up I would just change the pump and try from there

I am going to pull the pump today and send it out. I will post back with any news.

I have a similar issue with my 06, have changed the pump and still have the issue. I am going to change the sticks and engine wiring harness next week to see if that fixes the issue. Here is a link to my thread with everything I have tried.

My thread

Make sure there isn't water in the fuel. Water will spike rail pressure cause it does not compress the same as fuel.

Sent from my iPhone during class

I thought that as well, I dropped the tank and flushed the entire system. Thanks for all the input. I hope we all get these problem figured out.

I doubt I have water, but I will look into that also just to make sure.

I have a Smarty TNT currently turned to stock and a TST R49 also turned off.

Back