Bad lift pump?

BIGTRKMAN

Ok got a problem with my dads 92 cummins. Once in awhile i'll just crank and crank until it starts other times it fires rite up. He askt me what i thought said maybe lift pump (has around 180,000miles) or could b losing prime somehow? Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

maybe let it run for a few minutes on pavement..see if it drips. replace the fuel filter? does it start if you blurp the throttle?

Jsut replaced the ff a couple months ago. No, my brother tied pumpin the throttle, holdin it down while cranking and still didn't seem to help. haveta look at it later n c what i can find. Thanks for the tips

check ff and see if it's full, if not you might change the $60 pump

You can have an air leak in the system without seeing a drop of fuel. It'll purge just enough air into the system when sitting to make it a b!tch to start. It's possible for this to happen even in the sending unit in the tank. So, for instance, if there's a crack at 1/2 tank level, it'll never give any troubles untill parked overnight at less than 1/2 tank, OR, parked on an incline that exposes the cracked line.

Back