bad rail pressure sensor

700kenny

replaced rail sensor today truck ran real rough before. was running a isspro rail gauge,think the gauge may have caused it to go? anyone else have this happen? truck has 16k miles and i keep the fuel pressure turned down

replaced rail sensor today truck ran real rough before. was running a isspro rail gauge,think the gauge may have caused it to go? anyone else have this happen? truck has 16k miles and i keep the fuel pressure turned down

I would seriously doubt that the isspro gauge caused the problem. Water seems to destroy most of the rail pressure sensors. Did you wash the engine?

Paul

I would seriously doubt that the isspro gauge caused the problem. Water seems to destroy most of the rail pressure sensors. Did you wash the engine?

Paul

Yes 7 days ago i rinsed the motor off at the car wash. does water get though at the plug? i will have to dry clean engine next time.

probably the water, mine went out after i drove thru a creek that was a little deeper than i thought

Yes 7 days ago i rinsed the motor off at the car wash. does water get though at the plug? i will have to dry clean engine next time.

That will do it. A car wash is high enough pressure to break the seal on the plug. The sensor sits vertically, so the water that gets into it, will destroy the sensor in very short time.

Paul

mine went out at @ 75k conveniently after i had the quad RPG installed for 2 months.

replaced the 500 dollar sensor, sold the quad monitor to a friend, same thing happened to him 3 months later.... more than just coincidence i think.

mine went out at @ 75k conveniently after i had the quad RPG installed for 2 months.

replaced the 500 dollar sensor, sold the quad monitor to a friend, same thing happened to him 3 months later.... more than just coincidence i think.

:what: ???

SixOhh, how did your truck run with a bad sensor. at times mine sounded like 2 down cylinders ,hammering and missing... almost like puller truck.

2 years ago, a rail sensor was right at 500 bucks from the stealer.

SixOhh, how did your truck run with a bad sensor. at times mine sounded like 2 down cylinders ,hammering and missing... almost like puller truck.

it was intermittent for me, but at its worst it was fueling on only a few cylinders. sometimes it would fuel all by itself like casper the ghost was mashing the pedal while i was on the brake... spewing black smoke allover the road, and @ other times i could mash her down and nothing would happen besides a rough idle.

that's why it had me stumped for a few days. i ALMOST ordered a new CP3 until i did a FCA test.

Back