Balanced rotating assembly vs fluidampr

I think he meant they balanced it all as one complete assembly. Which I would like to see.

Going to go out on a limb and say when you add that weight to it that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it rebalanced

Why would I rebalance the crank if the wieght of the pistons and rods have nothing to do with the crank ? Of course I would rebalance the piston and rods.

So you had the Fluidampr balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly?

Why would I rebalance the crank if the wieght of the pistons and rods have nothing to do with the crank ? Of course I would rebalance the piston and rods.

Peace of mind.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they all work together in converting linear motion into rotational motion? If it was me I would want that to be balanced $.02

So you had the Fluidampr balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly?

The Fluidampr was bolted to the crank when the crank was balanced. If it wasn't an auto the flywheel would have been done too. Crank was checked after balancing with no dampner and was still right on the money.

from phone

Last edited:
The Fluidampr was bolted to the crank when the crank was balanced. If it wasn't an auto the flywheel would have been done too. Crank was checked after balancing with no dampner and was still right on the money.

from phone

So i could go ahead and send the rotating assembly off for balancing without the fluidampr ?? The machine shop that is doing my work is about 200 miles away , but they pickup parts for balancing from my local machine shop right up the road ... They come every two weeks , and tomorrow is the pickup day ... SO , i would be ok without a fluidampr ??

from phone

I call shenanegins.

EVERY machine shop I have talk to in all parts of the country refuse to try and balance a Fluidampr. I've had motors built in my time in CA, NE and MD. They ALL say you can't balance a Fluidamp, as the fluid will not allow it to properly balance. And that is the point. The rotating assembly gets ballanced without, since it's there to absorb harmonics and not to balance.

Now if you saw it with your own eyes, run with and without, I certainly can not argue that. Furthermore, I've always had the flex plate balanced as well.

:Cheer:

IDK where this thread went but my engine was balanced and I have a Fluidampr and it is probably the smoothest engine I have ever ran. It's not too bad around 4500rpm either. You can lay your finger nail on the front cover and it's so smooth.

I thought the same exact thing you just stated but was told it works. Either way it's balanced. I don't think you would ever need to send dampner for balancing but that What he wanted so I brought it.
On another note the engine is going to get run with dampner on it so why not at least mount it up and check it.

As for the flex plate don't you think the converter being bolted to it would make balancing it irrelevant. It defiantly wouldn't hurt.

from phone

Back