Balancer bolts

a new one will be going in after i get the last bolt out. might have to remove the cover and heat the side of the crank to get it hot enough deep enough to break it free

ok an update the bolt is removed after 8 hrs of trying several ideas to get it out, thanks for all that helped with the ideas. ended up having to use a really small bur bit that came to a sharp point and just whittle away at the bolt and broken easy out. after i removed enough material i had to drill and tap for heli-coils. they werent very deep so i inserted two just to make sure there was enough for the bolt to hold. once i was done with that placed the damper on and drilled two 5/16" holes approx 1/2" and inserted two roll pins then bolted the damper on after installing the front cover. then torqued the bolts to 135 ftlbs. oh and i made sure there was plenty of loctite on the bolts lol also you can see the face kinda where we had to surface the damper. ended up taking .020 off the back and another .018 off the face to clean it up.

IMAG0033.jpg

Last edited:
Back