Ball-Joints

tinkertoy

I been searching for joints for my 01 an Moog is the ones I came up with for a 01-02.

Is these the best one's for my year model or is there some that is as good or better?

That's what I run. Tony my mechanic and the ailment shop we use recommends moog also. Just don't put some cheap ones in or you will be doing it again pretty quick.

I will say this, i put the absolutely cheapest ball joints in my old plow truck. Put over 8years in them and they are still tight. That being said pretty much anything can fail.

Ive can get you the OEM Dana Ball joint kits. The kits come with upper/lower ball joint and all the hardware. About $75 a side.

I like the xrf pieces, but moog is good stuff too.

I didn't think about trying to find the OEM stuff, that'll probably be what I end up doing.

I got less than 20k out of my Moog ball joints on my 02. No off road travelling, plowing, etc.

On the older second gens, they might work fine, but I wouldn't waste my time with another set if it was given to me for free. $.02

I like the xrf pieces, but moog is good stuff too.

I didn't think about trying to find the OEM stuff, that'll probably be what I end up doing.

Just did all OEM on mine, can't beat the fit, and the quality seems top notch. If you know a buddy that can get a dealer discount, they are definitely the way to go IMO.

Yeah I called bout the XRF's before I started the thread.
I think for now I'll go back OEM,
What got me looking at higher qulity joints,I was eating bout a month or so ago an one of the guy at the other table got to talking bout his 6.0 ford he traded for, lol then my neighbor got to talking bout a guy with a 03 that had 800k on it.

So to make a long story short I talk to the man an he said he had tryed boog's an didn't last but he had a set of dynamic's that had 300k on an tight as they were when they was installed.

Just did all OEM on mine, can't beat the fit, and the quality seems top notch. If you know a buddy that can get a dealer discount, they are definitely the way to go IMO.

OR, just buy them from your friendly neighborhood Spicer Dealer/CompD vendor.

Back